Object Error

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by zeeuwse_boer, Jan 17, 2009.

1. zeeuwse_boer

zeeuwse_boer L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi all,

A huge part of the object in my map are changed by error's, and I don't know why?.

Could someone please help me?

Here are some pictures of it:

In Hammer:
    [​IMG]

In-Game:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  2. Baysin

Baysin L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Do you have that set as a prop_static? I think (I'm not sure though) that if you try to use the wrong type of prop entity, you'll get that error. Make sure it's a prop_static and not a prop_detail or something else. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I love how you end up with smilies in your compile log because of the : p in it, by the way :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  3. zeeuwse_boer

zeeuwse_boer L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    :thumbup: Your advice worked!!!

I changed the "prop_detail" to "prop_dynamic" (cuz my working object were dynamic ones), and now they work fine :woot:

Thanks a lot.

4. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Anything that doesn't move or change should be a prop_static. Prop_dynamic have more overhead and will result in poor performance if you use them everywhere, and should be limited to things that need them (doors, color changing signs). Prop_detail is never to be used by the mapper, it's used in making materials and is auto-generated ingame by the material to create the little grass tufts and such.