Nyan Cat's Explosive Adventures Through Rainbowland [GAME]

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I'm sure you guys have heard me yapping on about this game in chat forever now, but I just released a proper version of my Nyan Cat game, and thought I'd share it with you guys.

You can play the game online HERE, or watch a youtube video of me playing it here.

Here's a piccy of it if you're scared to click the links :p
ingameShot.png

Hope you enjoy it, and please any feedback you have, tell me! Criticisms and compliments, both are appreciated :)

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Nooo way :D

EDIT:

Just played for about an hour and I've found it to be a really good game :)
The color and Music is great.
Only two complaints from me and one from a friend.

I know it's just Java but I was wondering whether I can enable anti-aliasing because on this High a res, Nyan cats and ducks heads starts to look a bit odd.
Also the power ups are hilarious can we have more :D

I'm not saying my friends complaint because I dont want a mute button.

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
uhh, how big is this, and where are you linking it? Be careful with it, since this could possibly go viral without your intention and then your dropbox public would be frozen for bandwidth.

edit: fun. perhaps a hint text somewhere that you can jump on the ducks, I only figured that out by accident after awhile. The only part I didn't like was the wobble during the dubstep part. It was a little too disconcerting.

Last edited:

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
uhh, how big is this, and where are you linking it? Be careful with it, since this could possibly go viral without your intention and then your dropbox public would be frozen for bandwidth.

Thanks, didn't think of that. I checked around, and by my math I'd have to be getting over 750 hits every day for Dropbox to consider my account suspicious and freeze it. And considering I've had 300 people play it today, that doesn't seem all too unlikely :S
I'll email them asking what their stance is.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
It's not about hits or suspiciousness, they just have an arbitrary undisclosed bandwidth limit that goes into effect when something draws a crapton of attention (such as if you use dropbox when posting an image to reddit, say goodbye).

AngryAngus

L3: Member
Jul 20, 2011
No.
Just no.

But seriously while I dislike the meme, the game is pretty good.
And will be a big hit on the interwebs.

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
From https://www.dropbox.com/help/45:
We watch carefully for any fraudulent use of Dropbox public links and will suspend suspicious links when they are detected. Links that use up more than 10GB/day for Basic (free) accounts and 250GB/day for Pro (paid) accounts are automatically suspended.

I've sent a message anyway to them, but yeah, I'm gonna have to rent webspace for this possibly heh

gamemaster1996

Sep 30, 2009
Depends how many page views 10GB would be

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
Because fuck the color blind.

gamemaster1996

Sep 30, 2009
Oh, I have a new suggestion. Can it have a leaderboard with names and score?
Dont ask why I want this I totally didn't just get a million points :/

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
That would require a database and someplace to host it though, which I assume Stick doesn't have since the game is on dropbox. (plus network and database code is a whole 'nother bag of issues)

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Booj, you were right, it got over 2000 hits in 2 days and Dropbox froze my public links for a bit. Luckily, I've got an external host now, so dropbox just redirects to http://nyancat.bhack.net/
As for leaderboards, I'll need to find out how to create that but a lot of people seem to want it.

WastedMeerkat

L3: Member
Aug 15, 2009
One complaint, it seemed to take a while to download for some reason... any ideas why? But I like it. It's really cool and could rank among games like Robot Unicorn Attack. Have you considered an iPhone/Android version? You should start raking in the dough while you have time!

EDIT: OMG CAKE!

EDIT 2: OMG MEGACHARGE WHILE CAKE!

EDIT 3: I also must compliment you for using a version of the song that wasn't just "NYAN NYAN NYAN NYANA NYAN NYAN NYAN" the whole time. Another complaint, it's really annoying when two ducks spawn right on top of each other. It's almost impossible to kill one without taking damage from the other, especially if one of them has on a spike hat. Also, sometimes I take damage when I kill ducks. Maybe some problem with the hit detection?

Last edited:

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
My compliments:
Great Idea, I love it
Neat powerups, I love the slow motion music one
Nice music, and visual

Few complaints:
It's harder than ass to hit anything with the jump. Half way press the space bar and I've hit the top of the screen almost. Hitting those ducks is hard, how about instead make it a much faster paced game, have nyan cat have to run into the ducks instead, and be forced to jump over obstacles..? Like ducks with triangles in front of them or something..?

That's about it, love it.