CP NWave_B1

Netheous

L1: Registered
Sep 5, 2010
-WIP- NWave_B1

As few of you may have noticed, I am new there and so I post my first big project on this forum. I am ready to take critism as far as it's constructive, I know few of you may also say that this map doesn't have "TF2 Feeling" then I gotta say before you do so, that I was mapping for really long time for HL2, CS:S, GMod etc. so I am more into those games than mapping for TF2, you may call it my first try in serious TF2 mapping.

My map is made out of scratch but it's not done, I have few things to place on my map and those are:
-BLU Spawn
-Some kind of tunnel passage
-4 Versions: Day&Night of both basic and christmas editions
-Few builidings on BLU's side since RED's side is done (just need detail)
-3D Skybox
-More Control points

Top:
cpnwaveb10024.jpg

There are pics of builidings inside:
cpnwaveb10007.jpg

cpnwaveb10001.jpg

cpnwaveb10021.jpg

I got much more screenshots but I got confused, maybe I'll upload them, just ask me which one you want to see

Well, I am posting there to get some suggestions on what should I add, what buildings, detail etc., so feel free to point me in any way ;)

Last edited:

matou

L2: Junior Member
Oct 25, 2008
I've gotta say i like what you did with the "net" holding the barrels :p looks good so far though, should checkout that link about cube maps for sure though

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
yeah, fix cubemaps, and I will say, there is a certain something I can't place my finger on that makes it look like you're used to mapping for other games, but if you didn't say it, I wouldn't have noticed so it's not much of a problem. Probably a few long sightlines, but that's just from looking at pics, so I have no idea how it'll play out.

Netheous

Sep 5, 2010
Read this to learn how to remove those black and pink checkers from your map.

Other than that, the scale may be wrong if you are used to other games. All you need is a bit of testing and some practise. :D

I just had some problem with cubemaps because whenever I placed them, props lost the black-purple thingy, but floor started to have it. That was strange

Netheous

Sep 5, 2010
did you do type this into console?

because only props loose the cubemaps when you place them without doing anything

No, I just tried buildcubemaps. Anyways, when I don't have cubemaps - it's fine with floor but when I have them - I get that black-purple effect

Netheous

Sep 5, 2010
yeah, for some unkown reason it's different for tf2 so you need to build them like above. If you've got HDR enabled you'll also have to turn them off and build it for both HDR and LDR.

HDR in TF2 is quite senseless, no valve maps have it.