NOW OPEN: Competitive Map Testing Server

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by FreeLance_FoX, Aug 3, 2009.

1. FreeLance_FoX

FreeLance_FoX L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've been working with some friends of mine to get a server catering to those competitive players who want to test maps and those mappers who want to have their maps tested in a more organized setting. So far actual 6v6 testing has proven hard to achieve in any regularity, but I've gotten something more in the middle. It's a pub server with all maps that I've chosen to have tested because they would interest the competitive community.

I mention this here, because I'd love to see mappers playing there too. It has a nice rotation of all custom maps and it's 10v10 so it's not too serious. Mostly it's about testing maps with balanced teams of classes normally in competitive play. Here's my little spiel I gave when posted on GotFrag. If you'd like to have your map added to the rotation, read on!

Thanks guys!

• Thanks Thanks x 8
  2. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    Only one Pyro? Any particular reason? =<

3. Gaw

Gaw L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Pyro's are bad in competitive play, and (I assume) they want to discourage this becoming a frantic pub server, by limiting the pyro.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    sweet. ill add it to my favs when i get home

5. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Great stuff, man. Thanks for the test of cp_mudbath, it was pretty enlightening. I was relieved to see it worked better with few players (I believe it was 5v5 towards the end, pretty close to an actual comp match I guess), so this has given me a lot of new things to consider.

Added to my favourites.

6. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    Awesome.

It would be wonderful to finally get some competitive player feedback and/or demos with competitive-style play for Furnace.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Ravidge

aa Ravidge Grand Vizier

Positive Ratings:
    Looks like a fun place, Ive already added it to favorites and I might pop in if I got time. Thank you for including silvertrail too ;)

Are there any specific times people will be trying to populate the server?

8. FreeLance_FoX

Positive Ratings:
    Not really Ravidge, just whenever I or another admin can rally some friends to get it filled up. By all means if you want to just start it up, you can go in and votemap to get it onto whatever map you desire and try to get random people to start joining. >_0

9. BagOfChips

BagOfChips L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Your contact link is broken.

10. uma plata

uma plata L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Added

Thanks for putting this together!

11. FreeLance_FoX

Positive Ratings: