[Note] Pickups + Teleporters

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
I believe it is the mapper's duty to make the gameplay as smooth as possible. These little hiccups, although rare, are still really annoying.
Wrong, its valve. Valve should notice that a teleporter can refuse those pickups. And as counter they could have made a system that makes the item pickup range slightly larger (16 units higher for example - basicly would fix it 10 times better as that affects all maps). There is only 1 exception and thats on slopes. There its the mappers duty to ensure that the pickup isnt placed too low.
You're a fool if you refuse to raise them, especially since they're just so damn easy to avoid with no downsides at all.
Again i disagree. Valve deliberately made the items in such a way that the origin can be placed on the floor. If they didnt want that they would have kept the origin in the center so the mapper has to decide his ideal height.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Wrong, its valve. Valve should notice that a teleporter can refuse those pickups. And as counter they could have made a system that makes the item pickup range slightly larger (16 units higher for example - basicly would fix it 10 times better as that affects all maps). There is only 1 exception and thats on slopes. There its the mappers duty to ensure that the pickup isnt placed too low.

Again i disagree. Valve deliberately made the items in such a way that the origin can be placed on the floor. If they didnt want that they would have kept the origin in the center so the mapper has to decide his ideal height.
Totally agree. Sorry, Icky.

Feb 18, 2009
I think raising the items too high can look aweful, but I think you will always get stupid engineers building on ammo/health kits. couldn't we ask Valve nicely to make the item's size taller? (or if you don't like that, then a toggle option) That way, things stay on the floor AND stupid engineers are no longer a pest!