(Not) Minecraft Jungle

CP (Not) Minecraft Jungle a4

Lem Mem

L3: Member
Nov 1, 2020
Minecraft Jungle - This name is horrible, and also not my fault.

This map is my attempt at updating the 2 Choke design to be better. Taking the best parts of Gullywash and Badlands to make a cool, jungle-y 5cp map. I thought a lot during this maps development, doing so much as to analyze the problems with the 2 maps listed above.
Namely, Gullwash was lacking a 3rd route and rotations between chokes on Badlands was way to slow.

There are some problems with my layout. Namely, I'm not really proud of lobby. Its pretty much impossible to push through and into last. It definitely needs some reworking. Plus, the second choke (which I'm calling valley) feels to long to me, it might need some shortening, but I don't want that to come at the expense of the house.
View attachment 150069 View attachment 150070 View attachment 150071 View attachment 150072 View attachment 150073 View attachment 150074 View attachment 150075

Lem Mem

Nov 1, 2020
- Redid Middle of lobby
- Added window to left lobby
- Removed shutter from right lobby entrance and moved it to the left
- Various Clipping fixed
- Adjusted Spawn Times to be more inline with Gullywash (may need more changes)
- Made middle capture zone larger

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lem Mem

Nov 1, 2020
- Added new upper route to second and reworked right lobby to fix it.
- Added some Textures
- New Lighting
- Added more doorways to mid
- Minor Rework of second (new angles)

Lem Mem

Nov 1, 2020
Layout
- Completely reworked mid
// People really liked to complain about sightlines, and that was mostly because of mid.
// Mid has been tightened up with a bunch of rocks, a nipple, and 2 big ol' fashioned houses. I'm afraid these will clash with the connector and end up being doorway soup, so i may seal it up.
-Added rock to valley
//Once again, more sightline problems. I feel the sightlines at choke aren't too bad but i may end up plugging some of them up
- Changed around middle lobby for different angles
// Snipers. Fuck em, amiright?

Detailing
- Made point visual for 2nd go ontop of the spire instead of below.
// Someone said the points didn't feel "important" enough. I don't know what that means, but hopefully moving this ontop will make second play better
- Changed Skybox and Lighting
// The new skybox really hurt visibility last time, so I changed it to the the gravelpit skybox. I might just end up going back to the old overcast sky, but I really don't want to. I don't want to be known as the guy who makes overcast maps.
- Brightened up Lower Lobby
// idk why i thought it was good in a3

Overall, I'm happy with last. So far it's played the best of the map. Or at least, it's shown the least amount of problems.
Second "works," although I might redo it to make something like Process second, as my "doors" would work well with that kind of design I feel.
I like the new mid. The nipple is more gullywash and less bagel. It's there to act as cover more than as something the entire mid revolves around. I mentioned some of my gripes earlier but overall I'm pretty happy with the result.