Nostalgia for Kids Shows

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
I'm hyping this so much, the nostalgia is too strong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h52izqyVWA4
stitch_pixel.gif

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
I'm nearly breaking down from the nostalgia influx on that one.

I need to remind myself to finish an old Playstation Lilo & Stitch game that I remember fondly playing as a kid.

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
I used to love Arthur when I was a kid. Even the show was technically a baby show, it covered a wide array of topics, Such As: Bullying, Peer Pressure, Abuse, Disasters, Technology, Studying, Homework, etc. Really helped me with getting along. I believe that show was released in the mid 90's. The newer ones are crap however.

Kube

aa
Aug 31, 2014
I used to love Arthur when I was a kid. Even the show was technically a baby show, it covered a wide array of topics, Such As: Bullying, Peer Pressure, Abuse, Disasters, Technology, Studying, Homework, etc. Really helped me with getting along. I believe that show was released in the mid 90's. The newer ones are crap however.

I recently (well, recently enough) watched an episode of Arthur again, and I was surprised at how complex some of the topics discussed were.

Also, remember "Postcards from Buster?"

Tuaam

Jun 26, 2015
I recently (well, recently enough) watched an episode of Arthur again, and I was surprised at how complex some of the topics discussed were.

Also, remember "Postcards from Buster?"

Yeah, I remember that aired on PBS Kids go a few years back. The Animations / Voice Acting are still bad. The original episodes were hand made. The new ones are made by flash, which gives a cheap look.

Empyre

Feb 8, 2011
Here's the type of cartoon I watched when I was a kid: Speed Racer.

Kube

aa
Aug 31, 2014

"Great boogily-moogily!"

Hearing that gave me the feels. I can't help liking these posts to death when the subject matter means so much to me.

Last edited:

Spipper

Former cheese man Gorgonzola
aa
Feb 18, 2012
I've got fond memories of marathoning our entire VHS collection of "The Adventures of Tintin" as a kid. Still genuinely love that show today.

Apart from Tintin, my favourite show as a child was a cartoon by the duo behind wulffmorgenthaler named "Katjakaj og Bentebent". I believe that show was never released outside of Denmark though. For better or worse.

Tuaam

Jun 26, 2015
Isn't your Icon the main villain in TinTin? I remember the books fondly.

The profile pic is actually Dr Calculus, who was one of the main protagonists. The villans were Allan, Mueller, Rackham, and a few others.

Mar 23, 2010
The Mighty Ducks movies are so bad as an adult that they are better than they ever were as a kid.