(noob question) Capture-based shortcut

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by WoJu, Aug 28, 2016.

1. WoJu

WoJu L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello how do i make a capture-based shortcut? I mean like on 2cp a/d when blu caps first point they will get a closer spawn to a or a shortcut. How i make that?

2. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
  3. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    This ^

Specifically, for what you want to do you would be using outputs in the trigger_capture_area - you would use OnCapTeam2 to enable new spawnpoints and a respawnroom and door triggers for blu (in a new spawn that you have made), and disable all the old spawn entities - though you only need to disable the old spawnpoints.

4. Powerlord

Powerlord L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    When BLU captures a point, it calls the team_control_point's OnCapTeam2 output.

You can use this to call inputs on other entities, such as disabling old spawn points and enabling new ones.

For a shortcut door instead, you would make the func_door without any opening triggers. Instead, you would call its Open input from the point's OnCapTeam2 output.

Note: If you're doing a lot of actions, consider putting it in a logic_relay and Trigger that instead.

5. Potoroo84

Potoroo84 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Well first off you need to send an Output from the control point entity (Either team_control_point or func_capturezone work) called "OnCapTeam2" or "OnCapTeam1".

If you want to change the spawn location, you need to disable the old spawns (Give the "disable" input to the player_teamspawn and respawnroom) then enable the new ones ("Enable" input to player_teamspawn and respawnroom").

On the other hand, if you want to open a door, make an output called "Open" and target it to the door.

Tags: