Noob problem converting vmf's to mdl's in xsi mod.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by kimangroo, Apr 21, 2008.

1. kimangroo

kimangroo L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm trying to do the above following this tut here.

I'm getting stuck when it gets to the select mesh and cut the hierarchy in the constrain panel... I can't find the constrain panel!! I've looked everywhere and enabled all the panels etc but no luck. I'm obviously making a noob mistake, but what is it?!

Thanks for any help.

2. Spike

Spike L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I know modeling on XSI but I've never converted a vmf to a model so I can't help you. But I can help you learning to use it so you won't have those converting problems

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. VelvetFistIronGlove

aa VelvetFistIronGlove

Positive Ratings:
    Tutorials for XSI are a pain, as it has several different layouts, which are quite different. By default Mod Tool starts on the "mod tool" layout, and I think the tutorial is referring to the Default layout, which you can change to in View / Layouts / Default. If you find the default layout confusing, then just change back after doing the cut.

I'm sure you can also do the same operation in the mod tool layout, but I have no clue where it would be.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. kimangroo

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the offer of help Spike, I'm sure I'll be asking more questions soon!

Thanks for the tip VFIG, I'll try it again tomorrow.

5. Brandished

Brandished L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    If anyone figures out why the panel wasn't showing, let me know (post reply here or pm me) and I'll edit the Dev WiKi.

6. kimangroo

Positive Ratings:
    VelvetFistIronGlove was right, when you download the XSI Mod tool it's default layout is "Mod Tool layout". I changed it to "Default" and the constrain panel was there.

7. Spike

Spike L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    It will be useful to me too