Nonsolid Nodraw?

Mar 2, 2018
I need a non solid world brush with nodraw properties for a very specific reason, the closest thing I got is a closed areaportal.
I tried using this material but it's solid in game:
Code:
"LightmappedGeneric"
{
    "$basetexture" "Tools/toolsnodraw"
    "%compilenosolid" 1
    "%compilenodraw" 1
}
So apparently this exists but I do not own that game and the game developers might have modded the engine to create this material.

Last edited:

Coding Ethan

L2: Junior Member
Oct 12, 2014
Are you looking for the hall-of-mirrors effect, but non-solid?
BDF477AAA48B46B06BA8283C292AAF1098133BAC

Mar 2, 2018
Are you looking for the hall-of-mirrors effect, but non-solid?
BDF477AAA48B46B06BA8283C292AAF1098133BAC

Not exactly what I'm looking for but it could work, I'm using a 1:1 scale 3d skybox to create something similar to a linked portal door.
You could always tie nodraw to a func_brush and then set it to be never solid.
Using an entity wouldn't block visiblity or render the skybox, the whole point is to use world brushes..

theatreTECHIE

Yet another Techie for the net...
aa
Jun 19, 2015
There is a trigger_teleport and trigger_teleport_relative that you could use. Then just have it such that the teleport moves players in front of the other trigger. (With each area being in a completely separate vis)

World brushes that are rendered are always solid as far as I know, and it’s only entity brushes and displacements that you can make non-solid, which don’t block vis.

Mar 2, 2018
There is a trigger_teleport and trigger_teleport_relative that you could use. Then just have it such that the teleport moves players in front of the other trigger. (With each area being in a completely separate vis)

World brushes that are rendered are always solid as far as I know, and it’s only entity brushes and displacements that you can make non-solid, which don’t block vis.
It has to be non solid otherwise the teleportation won't be realistic because of how the 3D skybox works. The reason I made this thread is to see if your second point is true..