nonresponsive brushes

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by sohcahtoa, Aug 22, 2009.

1. sohcahtoa

sohcahtoa L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    i've been putting this off, trying to delete the bastards, but i've given up.

i made this wall brush a while ago in hammer, and broke protocol by using the carve tool, to make a window. doing this, hammer crashed several times, but finally i had my window. however, when i selected the brushes, instead pf the noral light red, they were heavy re, so you couldn,t see the texture underneath

i left this brushes alone, but after some map rejigging, i moved the building they were in. however, this brushes stayed put.

they now, willnot move, cannot be deleted, cannot have textures(i can't change them), they can be shift-copied, but this can be done infinatly. this is very annyoing as they are now in the middle of a nice area.

how can i remove the buggers, do do i have to start all over again?

2. J4CK8

J4CK8 L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    What about selected everything apart from them, then copying them into a new map file?

3. Bockagon

Bockagon L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    that's what I was thinking, J4CK8. Or maybe ungrouping the brushes created by the carve tool would help.

4. sohcahtoa

sohcahtoa L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    and so begins the ctrl grind.......

5. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    edit > select all
    Then just unselect those.

6. bomc

bomc L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    you could also just click "select everything" and un-select the brush...

EDIT - ninja'd...