Non-fake weapon props possible?

Atasco

L2: Junior Member
Aug 7, 2017
Hey yall, I finally got a new computer so I can map again! Unfortunately my old maps died with my old computer :C so I'm making new versions.

I was making a sniper perch area in a map I was fiddling with, when I thought it would be funny to put a jarate prop there. Then, after that, I thought: oh hey, what if the sniper could pick it up like a dropped weapon? I did some research and saw that you could do it for CS:GO, but not a peep whatsoever for tf2, as if no one had even asked the question :0 So I might as well as you guys: is it possible to put non-fake weapon props in tf2 maps?

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
The entity you're looking for is tf_dropped_weapon. Unfortunately it's not in the FGD, and from my research (and I've done pretty extensive research) I cannot figure out what the keyvalues are or how to use it. The best I was able to do during experimentation was assign it a model, and from there I could visibly fling it around like a physics prop, but I never figured out how to make it so players could pick it up.

Atasco

L2: Junior Member
Aug 7, 2017
The entity you're looking for is tf_dropped_weapon. Unfortunately it's not in the FGD, and from my research (and I've done pretty extensive research) I cannot figure out what the keyvalues are or how to use it. The best I was able to do during experimentation was assign it a model, and from there I could visibly fling it around like a physics prop, but I never figured out how to make it so players could pick it up.
Ahhh I see :'0 Thank ye though!! I may fiddle with it anyway in case blind idiot luck can bring me any results haha