No trading in free to play version of TF2?

Silver815

L1: Registered
Aug 12, 2012
Hello.
I just wonder why is trading not allowed in free to play version of TF2?
I would love to trade but i'm a F2P player and my inventory is full :(
Why? Why no trading?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
So that people don't make a thousand free accounts and trade the items to their real account for metal or whatever.

If you want to find more items, delete some you have or buy a backpack expander (which will also make you a paid player).

Deodorant

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2011
Technically, you can trade. F2Ps can trade tools received in drop and items received in trade. If you play enough to drop a bunch of tools, get people to give you items for free or in exchange for other things than TF2 items (insert innuendo of choice) and then trade consciously, you can slowly but surely make a profit.
~ Signed, F2P player with cosmetics for every class and a 150-slot backpack.

Spending a dollar in the store is a lot quicker and easier, though.

Ah, and to answer your question: TF2 is a great game and well worth paying for, and the way it executes it's free-to-play-ness - With all maps and everything that impacts gameplay (except polycount sets but whatever) readily available for free without any time limits - is incredibly generous. Stop complaining.

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
On that note, I know that buying the Orange Box automatically nets you a Proof of Purchase and a premium account or whatever it's called, because technically it involves "buying" the game. Does anyone know if that still works if (A) you already have TF2, and/or (B) the Orange Box was a gift?

Because, Silver815, you need to get your mitts on the Orange Box.