no sequence named:open/close

cownaetion

L1: Registered
Feb 24, 2008
Following the tutorial at the Valve Developer Community website for making a supply unit, I made a prop_dynamic and a brush-based func_regenerate around it like it says. It works and all is fine, but in console every time I touch the supply, it gives me the message in console:

no sequence named:eek:pen
no sequence named:close

I know this had to do with the animations but I can't find anywhere in the properties where they would be named. I've tried giving it a default animation name and tried setting outputs/inputs for 'SetAnimation' and 'SetDefaultAnimation' and I still get it. I don't want to litter the players consoles with error messages, I wouldn't want them. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
What prop are you using? I made a resupply thing w/ the frog model, and get the same message. For starters, stick with the locker found in gameplay folder.

cownaetion

Feb 24, 2008
I was using the red cross model for the medic yell. So this is a common problem then and only thing that works is the lockers then? Damn it, their so damn big. No other way of resupplying someone, whether health/ammo kits? If not then I guess I'll have to, thanks for the response.

cownaetion

Feb 24, 2008
Makes sense. So if it's automatically doing it no way to stop it unless we could get at the code. Alright, thanks for your help. I'm just gonna use the model anyway. I'm sure 99% of players don't play with console debug information outputted to their screen unless their debugging. As long as it works and isn't breaking anything, I think it's safe to say it'll be fine (hopefully :-D ) Thanks for the help!

Pseudo

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 26, 2008
To get rid of the errors, you could make the locker the associated model but set the prop to 'don't render' and 'not solid'. Then just have the func_regenerate around the alternative model; it won't matter that it's not associated with it.

cownaetion

Feb 24, 2008
Pseudo, that's a good idea. Originally I started planting the func_regenerates around with only one of them set to the associated model, but it wasn't the locker cause of it rendering. Your idea though with the locker is fantastic and it'll work. Thanks for the work around.