No leaks, but water is still invisible

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Butterscotch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Butterscotch

Butterscotch L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    The map has no leaks, and when I compiled it a few times before, the water was visible and looked great, until I added a room on the outside of the box that I put the whole map in, then the water started to disappear. The room is completely sealed from the void, and there is nothing in the void, so what is the problem?

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Have you checked for invalid solids?

Also, you may already have done this, but is the map full-bright? (as in, are there any light entities in the map?)

3. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  4. Butterscotch

Butterscotch L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Well I have checked for invalid solids, as far as I know there are none. And there are no lights in the map, so it is set to fullbright. What is wrong with that?

5. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    You need to add a light for water to appear. I don't know why, it just is the way it works. Probably something to do with reflectivity/distortion of the water or something.

6. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  7. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Water never works in fullbright. End of story.

8. Mark

Mark L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Regardless of whether or not you have water in your level, you ALWAYS want to invest a good amount of time on lighting. It greatly adds to the mood of the map, and just looks appealing (as compared to nasty fullbright.)