No Kill

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by ODIN, Feb 20, 2013.

1. ODIN

ODIN L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, I was mapping for Counter Strike long before source came along... but Im new to TF2 mapping. The map Im making, I need an area to be a free zone so to speak... How do I make this zone no kill? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    I believe it's impossible. You can make a trigger that instantly heals the player when they are inside it's volume, but that wouldn't protect them from high-damage damage sources such as headshots, critical explosives, backstabs etc...

3. ODIN

ODIN L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    damn.... thanks for the quick reply and info man.

4. Bermuda Cake

Bermuda Cake L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Isn't it possible to disable certain weapons when a player enters a trigger? I'm not sure if you can give them back afterwards, though. I think it's possible without any server plugins but I'm not sure - maybe Asyulm would know.

5. The301stSpartan

The301stSpartan L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I don't really know anything about mapping, but don't saigns servers (shudder) have a plugin that will über you on respawn if you were killed too many times too quickly to prevent spawn camping?

6. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I've seen spawn protection plugins before. They've always based on time rather than location, although I suppose a plugin that can detect when players are within their team's func_respawnroom and make them invulnerable until they leave could be technically possible.

7. Dïcecübe

Dïcecübe L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well there's a way around of instead using plugins.
    Just two trigger brushes and two damage filters (one allows damage and one disallows damage) with a damage type set to 1028 (something that blocks all types of damage). A trigger "giving godmode" (actually disables the damage that hits the player) to the anyone ("!activtior" as a target in the Outputs) who passes to it. Same with the other one, but disables godmode (re-enables damage) for them who passes trough the brush.

The most noteable use of this method can be found in the map "irongein_gamecenter".

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Fish 2.0

Fish 2.0 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    You could remove weapons from people inside it making it impossible to hurt someone.