Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avaray

Avaray L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    No Explosions Area - This is an example how to block explosions from Rockets, Stickies, etc.

This is an example how to block explosions from Rockets, Stickies, etc.

2. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    This is a just a room lined with func_nogrenades brushes that use the Clip material. Hardly a prefab.

3. KubeKing

Server Staff KubeKing dan's birthday was fun

Positive Ratings:
    No, I think it's a good testing room to see how that toolstexture acts. Still, it would probably be better to apply the texture to surfaces manually than to copy them from any prefab.

4. Avaray

Positive Ratings:
    Thats right. This is just an Example. It's not a prefab.

5. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    We would have been served better if you'd have just told us how to use the entity and posted a screenshot. Not offered a VMF download with no explanation of what's inside it. That doesn't explain anything and it might give the impression to new mappers that they should routinely decorate their walls with this volume.

You might want to explain a bit about where this entity should be used, and talk about other entities that affect projectiles. Such as the skybox texture, which also swallows projectiles. Otherwise you're just replicating information available in the Source SDK wiki. Sorry to be blunt but you could do hundreds of these little examples, one for every entity.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  6. Avaray

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for tip.
    I will change this "map" in next week probably. I will include small tutorial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.