no error but crash?

ikem

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 8, 2008
i get no logical error in the compile window

when i run tf2 and create a server, it exits and crashes.

when i run a ded server, it crashes when i join.

i will be willing to send the vmf to someone who could figure it out.

i have asked a bunch of others and they cant find out.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
What kind of map is it? (payload, ctf, etc)

*Edit* I'm assuming its the cp map you posted an WIP for. Try going View->Hide Items (this will remove all no brush based entities in your map). Then try running the map. If that doesn't work, try (with items still hidden) also removing your brush based ones. Focus on things related to the gametype, so your captures zones, rather than triggers for doors.

My bet is that you've got an error in your entity setup for cp, probably a ',' instead of a ' ' in your round control entities.

Last edited:

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
cp i have one cap right now cuz i havent set up the caps yet, it will be set up like gravel pit

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
You replied while I was editing :)

I would still go through the process I listed above. I would also consider doing a complete entity setup first (usually in a test map, where you can copy & paste all the entities from that into any future maps of this setup you make), and making sure that everything works there. Then (after having removed all the current entities pertaining to the gametype) drop in the new stuff.

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
i did the hide items and it still crashed... so the bug is with the geometry

and yea it is cp_snow2

Edit: it isnt in geometry cuz when i take out every but gemometry... it works...

edit again...

deleted everything, caps spawns rooms and still doesnt work...

Last edited:

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
i got it working again...

the physbox was broke.