KotH nippy a5a

It's nippy outside

1. I dinne ken

aa I dinne ken Has currently had enough

Positive Ratings:
    nippy - It's nippy outside

Decided to start a koth map in the off-time from when I'm waiting for feedback for pl_link. It's called koth_nippy because nippy is a Scottish word for cold. And I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I dinne ken

Positive Ratings:
    A2

Overview of changes

• Changed the pickups to less favour the defenders.
    • Small alterations to Mid.
    Specific changes

Around Mid

• Made the overhang accessible for attackers to use, it has a broken window which you can shoot out of. Added a small health to said overhang.
    • Added a wall to the supports of the overhang to block sniper sightlines and give attackers a bit more cover.
    • Removed the small health in the buildings that overhang over mid.
    • Changed the medium health and ammo to a small health and ammo in the railing room.
    Lobby area
    • Lit up the room which has the exit from the slide in it. Should mean people take the small health from there more frequently.
    • Added a full health and a medium ammo to the room with the roof you can get on top of.
    • Changed the medium ammo to a large in the room with the slide.

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. pk.pseudo

pk.pseudo L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    so far, even if this is still in alpha 2, the map plays like butter. During play-testing, the point was changing possession multiple times per round. The environments were fun to run around in and dm other players. And holding down the point was a fun task! all be it, quite difficult! I love the direction you're taking your map in. Keep it up! ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I dinne ken

Positive Ratings:
    A3

Overview of changes

• Changed the pickups a wee bit again.
    • Small alterations to the ramp room.

Map-wide changes
    • Added cubemaps.
    Specific changes

Lobby area
    • Added a window into the room with the slide, so people looking in are more aware of a medium health and full ammo inside. And also to give people a better view of what DMs they are sliding into. (What's on the other side of the slide).
    • Removed the Full health and medium ammo in the building of which part of you could get on top of.
    • Added a medium health and ammo in the location of where ammo used to be in a1; outside the ramp room.
    • Fixed some of the patches not showing up underneath the pickups.

5. I dinne ken

Positive Ratings:
    A4

Overview of changes

• Changed the pickups a wee bit again.
    • Small alterations to the layout to negate weird sightlines.
    Specific changes

Around Mid

• Added another light to the overhang room. To better let people see snipers.
    • Moved the small health inside the overhang room to near its entrance. To slightly weaken that sniping spot.
    • Fixed the windows in the overhang room not having a texture. It should now be obvious that you can't shoot out of the two inside windows.
    • Changed the structure around the point somewhat to negate weird sightlines.
    • Added security_fences to the 45-degree corner near the entrance to the ramp room. It's to stop people from hiding there as easily. I may remove these again later.
    Lobby area
    • Fixed the window into the room with the slide not having a texture.
    • Changed the path below the room with the slide. The exit comes out around the slide now. Should make sniper sightlines a bit less punishing.

6. I dinne ken

Positive Ratings:
    A5A

Overview of changes

• Opened up mid.
    Specific changes

Around Mid

• Added a light underneath the overhang room. To better light up the area before the point.
    • Removed most of the cover on the point, it's now a lot more open.
    • Added hazard stripes to mid.