News for the New Year

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Armadillo of Doom, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Hey again mapping people. I hope everyone has enjoyed their Winter recess :) So much good stuff to cover, so lets get to it. First off, our slightly-less chaotic Gameday map testing has resumed. Major huge props to our resident Snark for continuing to make it happen. He's the man behind the scheduling, which is really the hard part. Second, I am especially pleased to see everyone giving more feedback in both Server Discussion and Models & Textures forums. You guys are amazing, lol. This kind of growth is like the very definition of community, so give yourselves some rep for continuing to support custom goodness :D

Next up, something so amazing that it needs it's own paragraph. Read this thread; http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=11041 and then kiss drpepper's shiny hat. Everyone on staff pitches in w/ their unique skills, and we work together for the big stuff. But DP is the guy who keeps this entire operation afloat. And really, it's all for the love of the game [/gangster] ;) So consider dropping a few bucks our way, or even buying some ad space. I'm thinking about forcing one of the staff to make the most obnoxious flash ad in history just for me. An ad that will do nothing except promote pie and eggnog, then buy space for like 6 months. In order to avoid such a catastrophe, I really want everybody's opinion on this;

Lastly, in an elaborate effort to take over the world by promoting custom gaming, the staff at L4DMaps.net have graciously allowed me to start helping out. I kinda jumped the gun when I didn't think anyone was left in charge. Suffice to say they were all very surprised when I showed up :facepalm: As Vander would say, it's water under the bridge now. So check out the latest site news. And if you're even remotely interested in custom zombies, dive into the mapping discussion and spam all your friends; http://forums.l4dmaps.net/thread-1109-post-7925.html#pid7925

Game time, hoo-ra.

• Thanks Thanks x 9
  2. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings:
  3. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    These were not the zombies I was looking for :)

4. ANova

ANova L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I can't wait to see some custom maps for l4d 2

5. Moose

Moose L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hooray for money and L4Dmaps.

6. Fraz

aa Fraz Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.

Positive Ratings:
    Awesomesauce, now. You say that $1000 would reinvest into the community, I'm PART of teh community, and need a new graphics card. Where does your opinion lie on this... you technically would be reinvesting in the community, lawl.

Soooooo....

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Armadillo of Doom

Positive Ratings:
    Outsmarting the admins is neither wise nor funny. /banstick

8. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    ill buy a sweet new video card, and break it in to 1000 pieces and send you one :D

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  9. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    I have a few monies left over from x-mass if that helps at all. :p

10. Vander

Vander L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    It has been really nice seeing all the folks come and say hello at L4DM. We appreciate all of you and look forward to playing some cool maps.

11. nik

nik L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    we are totally awesome.

12. Armadillo of Doom

Positive Ratings:
    So what do you wall think of having a big $1 promo? Our community is pretty big. If enough people contribute a single dollar, we'd be rolling in dough.

13. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    $1 = 1 week of sponsor status?

EDIT: OMG 1,999 posts

/me makes 2,000th posts thread

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  14. Fraz

aa Fraz Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.

Positive Ratings:
    Care to send some glue and tape with that as well? I'm a sucker for complicated jigsaws

>:-D

15. Sgt.Sausage

Sgt.Sausage L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks immortal, and props to vander for keeping l4dmaps.net up and running, when he can stop playing leauge of legends. XD

16. Vander

Vander L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    LOL! Tell me about it. League of Legends is consuming waaaay too much of my time lately.

17. Sgt.Sausage

Sgt.Sausage L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Same here, my steam game play times for the past 2 weeks are lacking (even on winter break for me). I finally hit level 30, though i had xp boost.

18. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'd definitely want to help out, and have been wanting to donate since my joining of this community, but I have no way to pay online (No Paypal, no credit cards) so what would I do there?

19. Numerous

Numerous L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    It's called the southern bloody hemisphere, mate!
    [​IMG]
    /sniperaccent.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010