Newfort

CTF Newfort a5

lossyinput

L1: Registered
Sep 23, 2020
ctf_newfort - A reimagining of the classic 2Fort.

2Fort is over 2 decades old and it shows. It's claustrophobic, the layout is overly simplistic, and there are a grand total of 6 sets of health and ammo. Some would argue it's an objectively bad map. Despite this, it remains a fun map to DM on. The core idea of infiltrating an enemy base is great, but I think it could be modernized, and that's what I'm trying to accomplish here. This is essentially a complete reimagining of the map from the ground up.

Please let me know what ideas and feedback you have! Thanks, and have fun.

Last edited:

TheGhostThatWas

May 19, 2014
I like that it's got some alternate routes besides the bridge/water. It gives some actual options as opposed to the others which all feel like walking in the front door. If you go further with this, it would be nice to see you expand some of the classic "spytech" theming which has been kind of dumbed down over the years. Like secret doors and hidden weapons underneath barns and such. 2Fort had some of it, but it didn't look nearly as nice as I think some other launch maps did it.

lossyinput

Sep 23, 2020
I like that it's got some alternate routes besides the bridge/water. It gives some actual options as opposed to the others which all feel like walking in the front door. If you go further with this, it would be nice to see you expand some of the classic "spytech" theming which has been kind of dumbed down over the years. Like secret doors and hidden weapons underneath barns and such. 2Fort had some of it, but it didn't look nearly as nice as I think some other launch maps did it.

Glad you like the layout so far. Right now I'm figuring out the layout of the interiors, but I'll definitely consider doing that when (if?) I get to the detailing stage. I think it would be cool to expand the theming of what you find in the intel room in 2Fort, with the big rooms of computers and such. I want to get the gameplay mostly polished before I move on to that stage though.

lossyinput

Sep 23, 2020
  • Reworked most interior areas
  • Reworked battlements to simplify and reduce sniper sightlines
  • Added new routes between various locations
  • Added signs to help keep players from getting lost
  • Fixed various issues with spawn rooms

Read the rest of this update entry...