[New Update] March 6th

Koei

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 23, 2008
There is a new update for TF2.

# Removed sv_alltalk from the list of convars that affect custom server tags
# Fixed Demoman grenades not hurting the shooter if fired at point blank range against a target
# Fixed critical modifier for explosive weapons (rockets, pipe bombs) increasing critical chance more than intended
# Fixed Sudden Death "seconds have passed" string not including the amount of seconds that have passed
# Fixed Internet and Custom tabs in the Server Browser not correctly displaying the server information for servers when going back and forth between the two tabs
# Updated the URL used for the "Click for more info on custom servers" link on the Custom tab
# Fixed a crash for a sound channel getting created without wavedata
# Fixed Setup timer not showing the correct percentage in the circular progress bar
# Fixed being able to enter a "spectate" command in the client console to join team Spectator when mp_allowspectators is set to 0
# Fixed SourceTV servers not being displayed in the Spectate tab for servers with custom server tags
# Fixed servers with maxplayers <= 24 that are running SourceTV having the "increased_maxplayers" tag added for their server
# Added mp_tournament_restart command to be used with Tournament Mode (mp_tournament). This can be used at any time to return to the "Waiting for Teams" state
# When a tournament match ends it now returns to the "Waiting for Teams" state

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Fixed critical modifier for explosive weapons (rockets, pipe bombs) increasing critical chance more than intended

About time they admit that =)

Koei

Feb 23, 2008
Well, as a demoman my weapon usage is about 60/40% remote/pipe (last 28 days, only server I play on). So I'm glad they didn't nerf stickies. Critical stickies are almost a garuanteed kill because of the insane damage and the perfect timing :). It's also a great tool to push the line forward, because nobody likes standing on stickybombs.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007

Geuel

L1: Registered
Feb 28, 2008
There is a new update for TF2.
# Fixed Demoman grenades not hurting the shooter if fired at point blank range against a target

I don't quite understand this. I seem to die frequently when hitting someone at point blank range with grenades.

Although, I've had instances where I'm at point blank range and my grenades seem to just ignore the heavy standing in front of me.

I should really not play while wearing my "objects may appear more to the left or right than they actually are" glasses.

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
I don't quite understand this. I seem to die frequently when hitting someone at point blank range with grenades.

Although, I've had instances where I'm at point blank range and my grenades seem to just ignore the heavy standing in front of me.

I should really not play while wearing my "objects may appear more to the left or right than they actually are" glasses.

I think this is refering more to a glitch. From the sound of the bug fix it sounds like a demo man could have stood right up against a wall and started firing grenades, and he would not take friendly damage from them when they exploded. SO if he was in a group of enemies he could of run to a wall, started shooting and lived.

Dec 25, 2007
No, I've encountered that glitch -- shot a grenade at point-blank range into a pyro: lots of pyro gibs, but it didn't hurt me at all (whereas usually it does, and should).

Koei

Feb 23, 2008
I think that only happened when you were REALLY close. Like touching the enemy and sticking the launcher in his body.