New to TF2 Mapping

[CB]SheepB0T

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2009
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I am not new to FPS's or to TF2 but I am new to mapping (havent done anything since Duke Nukem 3d)

My Clas has been in FPS's for a long time but I just got them all into TF2.

I am working on making a map and inevitably making a Cybernetic Barnyard Map pack for my clan and it's server.

If you have any tips or other resources for prefabs, tutorials, props....ANYTHING...please feel free to share them with me.

Right now our clan server is empty most of the time but we are hoping to change that. We usually play Saturday nights around 9-10pm Arizona time.

Feel free to make an account on our website, drop me a line or come and play with us. This is a great site and I'm hoping the community that it is has is equally as great!

I have a few specific questions:
- Does anyone have any good resources on how to do lighting and how to do it well? Is it possible to have multiple intelligence's for each team in CTF?

-How do setup the intelligence if I want to have ONE briefcase in the middle of the map and have the 2 sides fight to grab it and bring it back to there base.

-Do you have any links to texture, prefabs, or prop packs that I can download?
Thanks for having me! More questions to come!

[CB]SheepB0T

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Hi there SheepBot and welcome.

A great place to start is the link in my sig, it has tons of great links, tutorials and prefabs..

Welcome to the community!

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
[CB]SheepB0T;81790 said:
The link in your signature is broken :(

-SheepB0T

wow..... fail on my part lol,

thanks and fixed!

Apr 19, 2009
Hi and welcome to TF2Maps.net [CB]SheepB0T! :D

To get started, you should read through the TF2 wiki and our own rather impressive Tutorial section.If you need help with Entities download this. Don't worry about making it pretty just yet. However, feel free to sign up for gameday for some good testing. Gamedays are on Fridays in the euro server and Saturday/Sunday in the U.S. server.If you have any other questions, there is usually someone in Steam chat who can help. Welcome to the group!

Lastly don't forget!
Does it help?
Do you agree?
Make you laugh?
The quickest way to express yourself:
post_thanks.gif