New thing found in game files

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Cole Slaw, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Cole Slaw

Cole Slaw L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    so i was browsing the model library yesterday, and i found something odd. it was a set of models under "buildables" called "amplifier."
    Could this be a new engineer construction? perhaps a new objective? What does it do? What purpose does it serve?
    Poot speculation here

i think it may be a range booster for ether the Dispenser or Sentry, which means that it will take up a buildables spot.

(also first post woo :thumbup: )

2. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    You were probably browsing your downloaded models directory. The amplifier is a custom buildable used on some Versus Saxton Hale servers that gives players crits within a short radius.

3. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Did you find an electric guitar as well?

4. PC's_Frank

PC's_Frank L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    You ever play the vs. Saxton Hale mod? I think that's a custom building the engineer may deploy in order to bolster the strength of his teammates attacks.

5. Kraken

Kraken Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess

Positive Ratings:
    Why would there be a constuct of scream fortress in vanilla?

6. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not saying it's in vanilla. When you go to a server hosting a custom map or a game mode with custom midels, textures etc. all of that content is dumped in your "download" folder in tf using the same hierarchy as the vanilla game. So when he says he was looking at the model library, he probably just saw the amplifier in hlmv or the hammer model browser and thought it was from the stock game.