*NEW* TF2 update, with mapmaker requests!

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Cerious, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Cerious

Cerious L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Updates to Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1 & 2, and Portal have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2, Episode 1 & 2, and Portal
    Added support for the Novint Falcon

General
    Added an option to the advanced multiplayer menu to select left or right handed view models
    Fixed a bug where a spectator's wearable items could be seen floating around the player they were spectating
    Fixed a bug where a fake Spy hand would appear on the screen of other players
    Custom death animations now only play 25% of the time
    Fixed teleporters not being build-able in some places where they should be (such as within the pit at the end of Badwater Basin)
    Fixed rare client crash on connection and level change
    Removed refract from water ripples caused by bullet impacts for performance reasons
    Added log entries for player extinguished events using the medigun, jarate, flamethrower and dispenser
    Started tracking localization settings to help make decisions regarding localization in the future
    Fixed the blank progress bar in the upper-left of the screen when the client scheme is reloaded

Mapmaker requests
    Added spawn flag to func_respawnroomvisualizer that allows it be non-solid to players
    Added SetSolid input to func_respawnroomvisualizer to change solidity to players dynamically
    Added OnWonByTeam1 and OnWonByTeam2 outputs to the TFGamerulesProxy

Sniper
    Fixed a bad detection case in the "Friendship is Golden" achievement
    Changed the description of the "Triple Prey" achievement so it better describes how to get it
    Critical arrows now have a trail and correctly deal enhanced damage
    The Huntsman now defaults to be right handed
    Friendly arrows will no longer trigger the near miss sound on you
    Fixed several sources of floating arrows

Spy
    Fixed disguised Spies occasionally looking like they have invulnerability, instead of the correct fake Spy mask
    Disguised spies will no longer lose their disguise weapon when they interact with a weapon locker
    Fixed a bug where the spy's watch would randomly change models during play
    Fixed uncloaked spies flickering in and out of the cloak effect when taking damage
    The Cloak and Dagger now always regenerates at its intended rate. Previously it only regenerated at the correct rate when the spy was cloaked
    Increased the Cloak and Dagger regeneration rate slightly

Capped the rate of energy loss from moving faster than run speed (falling / air toss) while cloaked with the Cloak and Dagger
    The Dead Ringer's cloak consume rate has been slightly reduced, giving about an extra second of cloak time on a full meter
    Emerging from the Dead Ringer's cloak now drains up to 40% of the cloak meter instead of 100%. This drain only happens if the meter is at least 60% full

The Dead Ringer's cloak meter can now be regenerated from ammo sources
    The Ambassador now only crits when fully accurate and no longer penetrates enemies
    The Spy can no longer change weapons from the knife while shocked by the Razorback
    Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies
    Fixed disguised Spies showing the wrong teleporter effects when using an enemy teleporter

http://store.steampowered.com/news/

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  2. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Aww, i had so much fun with this. I thought it was a cloak and dagger bug as it always seemed to happen after hearing the 'respawn' sound.

3. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    :wow::wow::wow::wow: Congrats to Mangy!

4. Fireman

Fireman L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies

This made spy checking as a scout so good :(

5. Dr. Spud

aa Dr. Spud Grossly Incandescent

Positive Ratings:
    It makes me happy when Valve responds to requests.:thumbup1:

6. AntonJ3000

AntonJ3000 I am inactive and make horrible maps

Positive Ratings:
    Grrr....
    "Steam has found a problem with your local game file. Game files will now be re-acquired from the steam servers."

I press OK, same message comes up again, can't play tf2 now :(

Tried deleting Client-Bob or whatever the file is called, also tried renaming tf folder, no success :( :(
    *Reinstalls tf2*

EDIT: WHAT THE?!?!?!? I REMOVED ALL .GCFS AND IT STILL COMPLAINS?? JEEZ, GREEDY STEAM.

7. Sebhael

Sebhael L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Good. I hated that. Was so annoying to have 3 arms, while one is in the way constantly.

I mean sure, I have that issue in real life and all, but I'm not a pyrotechnician in real life either.

8. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, lovely.

9. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    Two of those request were mine. I'll explain why shortly

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. AntonJ3000

AntonJ3000 I am inactive and make horrible maps

Positive Ratings:
    Wohoo! Someone told me to change download location, it worked :D
    After trying Central Europe, Russia - Siberia, Norway, Southern Europe, Denmark, United Kingdom, 2 US Servers and Sweden.
    I found a working one: Germany! :D :D :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the tip!

12. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    For your reverse CTF map aurora?

13. Cerious

Cerious L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I could see the change solidity function useful to prevent people with the flag from going backwards, not forwards (to prevent greifing).

14. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    That's what it's used for.

The wider implication is that you can now display any brushwork to a single team, while having it retain no solidity. So, you can display materials to a single team, notify only red not to do something in an area, etc, etc.

15. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    that's pretty awesome.

Should have some very useful applications for Custom Game modes.

16. pitto

pitto L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hmm, where's this in the update
    a/d ctf hud

EDIT: I guess now no-one can complain that mirrored maps are not balanced due to the projectiles from right side of the screen argument

17. BrokenTripod

BrokenTripod L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    That's funny, I've done this already with one of my maps a while ago with arrows. Unfortunately, 1 unit thick signs still allow players to clip on them.

Great job telling Valve to update this =D

18. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    I'm quite sure this is merely mirroring the model rendering, and has zero bearing on the weapons code.

19. Hawk

Hawk L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I agree, during my time as a scout I spy-check nearly as much as the Pyros. Or at least I used to. Dang.

20. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    Nope, works with corners, too.

You can even switch sides mid-game for more flexibility!