New TF2 envioments! coming soon?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Dox, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
  2. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I recon it will have rockets in. and probably a desert environment too....

3. Dox

Positive Ratings:
    No, NEW!!! No deserts. Don't joke like that!!! *crawls into fetal position and shakes*

4. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I really hope it isnt to deserty, but in all realism it probably will be quite a dry dusty environment, as they said earlier its a trade off between how much new stuff they have to make and little we want to download.
    I have faith that it will be new enough.

5. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    looks like a hidden silo in a farm.

6. Frostie

Frostie L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    If this is true I'll delay texturing/designing my map so i can use the new environment in it :D.

7. Dox

Positive Ratings:
    I think he is joking on the "a hidden silo in a farm." one, since almost every TF2 map has "a hidden silo in a farm."

8. Vander

Vander L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
  9. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Seeing those pictures in the blog sparked my memory from reading a few pages on TF2wiki.net a couple of days earlier. Take a look here.

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Maps

On the bottom of the page. See something familiar? It has been there since before the blog post was up, which means that those pictures are definitely NOT new, and my guess is that they probably haven't got anything to do with Valve's upcoming new themes.

10. Brandished

Brandished L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    "Revision as of 15:44, 6 December 2007" Whoa, so that pic was added to the WiKi back in December. Either Valve has been working on these unreleased maps since before then or they didn't want to give away the new materials they're actually adding. The other possibility is that Valve didn't actually have anything to show off as no new content has even been made yet. I hope it's my 2nd guess as the pics look like they were conceptual designs for Well and Granary...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  11. ryguy1101

ryguy1101 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    looks like the hoover dam got a missle silo placed right next to it.

12. Spacemonkeynz

Spacemonkeynz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'd like the new environment to be some sort of hydro dam disguised as a train yard which is actually a missile silo hidden in a farm which looks like a fort, or more specifically, two forts, connected by a series of mining tunnels.

13. Open Blade

Open Blade L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, the last update of content having nothing to do with player achievements were 2 maps the community already had so I'm not holding my breath for anything major.

14. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    Goldrush was a new environment. Badlands was a new environment. This new map will be a new environment. It'll be a new skybox, a new rockwall, and a new rockground, with a new desert shrub and a new hazmat barrel.

And maybe a new overlay for whichever company "owns" the new map.

15. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Whilst I think you're reasonably right nineaxis I think it will be slightly more than that

16. Dox

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry, Vander, didn't see that post, but now we have a whole THREAD to muse ideas about it :)

17. Vander

Vander L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    LOL Dox.

Ok guys, I think it looks more like an abandonded air base or some sort of military installation. Eh, eh?

18. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    I'm still waiting for a Area 51 Abandoned Secret Air Base in the Desert map that'd fit perfectly into the TF2 theme.

19. ChronoTriggerFan

ChronoTriggerFan L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I just hope we get just a tiny bit of green in these environments. Even if it's just farm grass or something. Fighting over random bits of land in a farm setting could be very satisfying

20. ryguy1101

ryguy1101 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings: