New textures/models with the patch?

DrHaphazard

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 6, 2008
Hey guys, i dont have access to TF2 or Hammer right now, but I have heard that there might be new textures in the new badlands map? Specifically I heard that there were some new blue and yellow barrels that say radioactive on them. This is fairly interesting to me because I was considering making blue barrels exactly like that for my level.

Do you think these new barrels will be models we can access in hammer or they just custom stuff that valve made?

bazola

L1: Registered
Feb 12, 2008
Took a look just now. There are barrels and a few other props. As for textures I'm not sure how to tell but a search for badlands shows only models/props textures, and as far as I know those aren't usable.

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
Even in just a brief spectating fly-through I saw a good amount of textures I hadn't seen before.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
From what I can tell there are 16 new decal signs, a couple new dirt textures, one new wood texture (just an existing one with a track on it).

For models, there are the two big rock formations on top of the mountains, a blue skin for the billboard (finally), the big spirally rock mountain, three new barrels, a barrel cluster for putting on train flatbeds, the final cap point framework, and maybe a couple new shrubs (I didn't recognize their coloration, at least).

This is from browsing around in Hammer.

DrHaphazard

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 6, 2008
I think I have found a few new textures, theyre like the old ones with white at the top and a colored accent band at the bottom. These are dirtier though, and they include a neutral gray band variety.