New Submission: pipeball_b1

Discussion in 'Maps' started by The Asylum, Nov 22, 2008.

1. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    Downloads: A new file has been added by taotd:

pipeball_b1

Not so new and possibly a little bit less exciting: PIPEBALL_b1!

[​IMG]
    A beta release means a beta skybox, right? Also, see if you can get this Fungineer setup in the always-intense firefight of Pipeball. I wouldn't bet on it though....

Remember how, in a2, the ball kept going into the hallways and spawnrooms?

[​IMG]
    Not anymore, lol!

[​IMG]
    By popular demand, scoreboards EVERYWHERE!

[​IMG]
    Also, scoring a point not only changes the scoreboard display, but it also fills in the CP squares in your HUD. If you don't know the score now, you're blind.

[​IMG]
    Yes it does. And it doesn't fly all over the place like it did last time.

Enjoy.

2. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just a suggestion for a more minimalist hud, you could make it only 3 boxes. The left box would be blu's if they get a point, the right would be reds, and the middle would be who ever captures the 2nd ball first.

3. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    Right o then, based off of today's Gameday:

ISSUE 1

What's happening: Ball still gets hung up in the back area

Why it's happening: The goal shields being perpendicular, apparently.

How I can fix it: slanting them towards the goal. This may result in faster goal scoring and hamper Engineers, though

ISSUE 2

What's happening: Demoman's grenades and Stickies won't go into the side hallways

Why it's happning: the func_vphysics_clip brush I used to keep the ball out of the halls. Apparently the grenades and stickies are phys objects too.

How I can fix it: delete the phys brushes, add a small post in the middle of the gap, just enough to keep the ball running along the wall smoothly

ISSUE 3

What's happening: The back gates won't open on one particular round

Why it's happening: Fuck me I dont know

How I can fix it: See above

ISSUE 4

What's happening: The ball sometimes rolls into people, trapping them until it passes though

Why it's happening: Phys objects were made for HL2, and not really supported for TF2. You can still shoot/melee the ball while "inside" it, and it'll be knocked out of you.

How I can fix it: Become a Valve programmer and amend the Source engine myself. lol yeah, wish me luck.

ISSUE 5

What's happening: After falling into the goal pits, you can see the skybox's grass textures

Why it's happening: Didn't use nodraw on the bottom of the brush.

How I can fix it: ...... use nodraw on the bottom of the brush, obviously.

I think that's about it then, anyone else have some concerns?

4. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    scoreboard looks ugly, see my comment in other thread... not really an "issue" though...