New Submission: ctf_WaterWorks_v2

MrStump

L1: Registered
Aug 23, 2008
EDIT: I have finished the map. If you spot any problems, please mention them so I can avoid them in the future.

WaterWorks is designed for the smaller 24 man servers. It is a simple, symmetrical capture the flag map which has several paths to the intel. The focus here is to avoid choke points and balance attacking/defensive needs for both teams.

This is my first (actual) map, and overall I am relatively pleased with the outcome. Lord knows I've made plenty of mistakes with it, and a few show through with the finished product, I am sure. Please be sure to point any you notice out to me. I won't be changing anything on this map but that doesn't mean criticism can't help my next project. Thanks for looking =)

ctf_waterworks0000.jpg

ctf_waterworks_v20001.jpg

ctf_waterworks_v20002.jpg

ctf_waterworks_v20003.jpg

Download Map: ctf_waterworks

Last edited:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Looks really nice. The only thing I can help you with without having tested it yet, is that you should move the respawnroom visualisers behind the doors so that you'll only see them when the doors are open.

MrStump

L1: Registered
Aug 23, 2008
I thought they were meant to go in front of the door. Like (looking at the front) in 2fort on the left side spawn door.

Also, my map lacks any sound scapes. I thought of some stuff I would like to do, but basically I didn't want to throw any more wrenches NEAR this thing. I've harassed the poor forum goers here enough for one week ;)

Last edited: