New Submission: CTF_Orange_Hatu

Spencer

L1: Registered
Oct 20, 2008
Downloads: A new file has been added by Spencer:

CTF_Orange_Hatu

Orange Hatu is a small 2 sided map, that has 2 bridge's one going over the pit and the other through the pit, each base has a basement with the Intel inside.

00002.jpg

00001.jpg

Last edited:

Spencer

Oct 20, 2008
Its similar a bit smaller and less detailed as 2fort if you test let me know what you think.

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
Its an orange map. A rather taboo map in the tf2 community. You may not get a lot of praise since it looks like an alpha, just a warning.

Welcome to the community, though.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I'm as puzzled as ever as to why some people won't use more effort. If you're not willing to put lots time and love in to a map, it's not really worth it, not for you or anyone who plays it.

I'm trying not to come across as bashing here, I just really wish you'd have tried a bit harder.

Spencer

Oct 20, 2008
Thanks for the comments guys, this is my first map and it is still in early beta testing there isnt much detail yet but it will be added in later versions I tried to add water in the middle but it just didnt look right and if I used hl2 water it wouldnt really match the tf2 theme.

Im still kinda new with hammer editor and thats why its missing some small things that matter like lighting I can do it but not very well I'll see what i can do to fix these problems. Thanks again for the comments and hopefully I'll get it looking better.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Here's a tip, by the way: If you're going to continue working on your map, you'll have to name each version differently. At your current stage, you should probably have named this ctf_orange_hatu_a1. a1 means alpha version 1, which means that it's very early in development. The reason you have to do this, is because if someone has a version of your map that differs from the version on a server, they'll just get an error, and then they'll have to delete their current map file - the problem is that many people don't understand it.

Look here for more info: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=2089

Spencer

Oct 20, 2008
I was planing on add something like ctf_orange_hatu_1 and so fourth but thanks for the tip though

T

The Asylum

Had a little runaround in the map, and besides not knowing how to install those custom textures, here's my main gripes:

1- Pakrat your custom textures into your map. This saves people a lot of hassle.
2- I don't really see the point of the "pit" in the middle, unless there's goin to be water in there.
3- That giant wall in the middle during setup just looks.... bad. I'd reccomend just locking players inside the fort until Setup's finished
4- On the subject of Setup, 30 seconds is waaaaaaaaaayyy to long for a ctf map of this size. I'd go with, say, 15 seconds, if that.

Spencer

Oct 20, 2008
1. thanks for the advice I was unaware what the custom textures would do to other users and I was also unaware of the program called pakrat good stuff to know

2.there will be water in the middle pit once I figure out which texture is best to use.

3.I guess i'll make the wall transparent I did that so scouts wouldnt just rush in and out I gave them some time to protect there intel,

4. I'll change the time to 15 seconds :p.

I appreciate your constructive post and I'll fix these things up right away.

Last edited: