Discussion in 'Maps' started by iggythepop, Jul 25, 2008.
Downloads: A new file has been added by iggythepop:
Huh? Another Orange X remake?
cp_xxx_stolen_x has been updated!
You say you updated it but the screenshots are exactly the same...
Ok, just played it, here are my critiques:
1. You didnt bother to align the textures, the walls are downright ugly.
2. there is a problem with your glass around the second caps, they have pink checkers, like you didnt
build cubemaps, but the cap points and sniper scopes were fine so I dont think that is the problem.
3. Your jump points could really use an arrow overlay or something to let people know they will launch you. The jump points by spawn were slightly too strong and hurt you if you use them.
4. sentry guns stopping people from going from thier spawn to the enemies tower are invincible, but can still be sapped. Place playerclippling around them to prevent this.
5. you have half life 2 models mixed in there, they dont look right at all with tf2.
6. you have half of the map with real textures, half with dev textures, try deciding on a theme, try to make it like a medieval theme, as t hat would work well with the tower concept, or a city being built, so you can turn those ramps into scaffolding going around the unfinished building, also would explain the lack of windows.
7. A car on a glass roof, really?
8. your fencing stops right before the second senty on both sides leaving just a hole looking at skybox, looks bad.
9. the teleporters in between the towers is fine, but the teleporters above the spawns really encourages spawn camping, a demoman can be perched above the enemy spawn in 10 seconds, and the other team would have to go up there to get him off which would be annoying since because of the sentries blocking that route there is no reason for that team to go that route.
10. Don't call your map "an orange X rip-off" ... put the added effort into adding a theme and fixing some of the problems with it and put in "Design inspired by orange X, but I did it better", or even better, do your own thing entirely, but for now we are just working with what you have.
Separate names with a comma.