New Submission: cp_hillside_beta

Zipok

L2: Junior Member
Jun 26, 2008
Downloads: A new file has been added by Zipok:

cp_hillside_beta

A map designed for competitive TF2, mainly 6on6 in mind. Project was forgotten, but due to the ETF2L mapping contest, I revived it. Enjoy!

The map is a bit more friendly towards the heavy classes, than the scouts. Snipers have their situations, so do spies. Engineers can work, but not suggested cause they're lame. :D
There are some doors which are open or closed, depending on who controls which CP. I added them because it was the only way to balance the flow of a small map like this. Requires one playthrough to get used to, nothing big and special. :)

Thanks for your interest, all feedback is appreciated during the development process which is still going on!

Apom

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hello there, just played this on the ETF2L test pickup, so in an actual 6v6 situation. Here's what I noted:

- the doors are very hard to tell from the walls in the BLU part of the map (it's easier on the RED side). It's very important that these major elemnts of gameplay can be spotted even unconsciously, without looking for them. You should use the dynamic garage door models, or the Well door if you need a big one, instead of the /metaldoor brushes. And make some doorframes as well.

- the mixed prop pile that you can use to reach middle cap from below (one on each side) is hard to climb. It requires crouch-jumping and a number of easily-failed jumps. You should make all the props non-solid and use some /tools/invisible clips instead.

- there's a couple of overpowering places due to their elevation advantage. I'm thinking about the platform above cap 2 (not really tested though), but more importantly about the rooms above middle cap. They make it too easy to deadlock a game by spamming explosives from there - and if they don't deadlock, they surely make it annoying for classes that can't retaliate with similar explosives.