New Submission: achievement_pyro_special

xomp

L1: Registered
Jun 28, 2008
I created this map to help against griefers when people are working for their achievements. The map contains self-spawning dispensers & sentry guns and can be used for both Pyro & Medic achievments respectfully :)

The screenshots I have attached are quiet old, but the layout is pretty much the same. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Download Map

Screenshots:

s2cg9.jpg

s4jz5.jpg

s5ii3.jpg

s6pe5.jpg

s7tz1.jpg

s8po0.jpg

s9ys1.jpg

Last edited:

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
I dont see why noobs need a special map to FARM their achievements

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
yeah...at least make some effort to texture it well...
so...lose the bricks... or if you have already done that, then get some more recent pics
if you want some respect for an achievement map it needs to be beautiful, as gameplay doesn't really exist...

granted ive made an achievement map...but that was an experiment in lighting and textures...

Last edited:

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
Ok, just got through playing it...

Textures and models seemed fine to me, not sure about your choice of making a giant wooden building for a map full of pyros, though :p

Possible problems i saw would be a chance of spawn camping with only one door out of spawn, and things looked really out of the way (people are going to have to go up to the third floor 50 times for the point cap, or 5 for the intel?). Also the staircase looked like its stairs were a little too thin, a heavy would break them :p

Personally I think a better way of doing this would be by making a spawn point with teleporters that take you where you need to go and just have your friend go there too.
all in all nice worked, looked like a decent amount of attention to detail for an achievement map.

Also, not everyone here plays every map submitted, a lot try to go off the screenies to provide advice, using those outdated screenshots you are not likely to get decent critiquing.

Last edited:

xomp

Jun 28, 2008
yeah...at least make some effort to texture it well...
so...lose the bricks... or if you have already done that, then get some more recent pics
if you want some respect for an achievement map it needs to be beautiful, as gameplay doesn't really exist...

granted ive made an achievement map...but that was an experiment in lighting and textures...

I have updated the screenshots.

xomp

Jun 28, 2008
Ok, just got through playing it...

Textures and models seemed fine to me, not sure about your choice of making a giant wooden building for a map full of pyros, though :p

Possible problems i saw would be a chance of spawn camping with only one door out of spawn, and things looked really out of the way (people are going to have to go up to the third floor 50 times for the point cap, or 5 for the intel?). Also the staircase looked like its stairs were a little too thin, a heavy would break them :p

Personally I think a better way of doing this would be by making a spawn point with teleporters that take you where you need to go and just have your friend go there too.
all in all nice worked, looked like a decent amount of attention to detail for an achievement map.

Also, not everyone here plays every map submitted, a lot try to go off the screenies to provide advice, using those outdated screenshots you are not likely to get decent critiquing.

Thank you for atleast trying out the map prior to commenting! :thumbup: This was my very first map.

Last edited: