New Maps Pug Group - Submissions

Tsarbucks

L1: Registered
Jul 10, 2016
So a few guys on tf.gg / teamfortress.tv created a new map PUG group for 6s. Currently, they are playing/testing cp_cardinal_a1a, cp_cargo_a5, cp_reckoner_b3, and are considering other old maps that used to be used (cp_logjam_rc2a, cp_gravelpit, koth_coalplant_b7). As they have such a small pool of maps available, I ask you all to submit any maps designed for 6s to the survey below. This will be a great way to get your map tested in a competitive setting. I appreciate any submissions you all will submit.

Other Links:
- Steam Page: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/nmpugs
- tf.gg page: http://www.teamfortress.tv/35329/new-map-pugs-group
- Survey Page: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...EIrarOpx2-lMcxRa6ac-4w5MopmQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

Console-

Aug 14, 2016
Hey, I'm the owner of the PUG group for new map pugs and really appreciate someone making this thread! I have a Google Form survey made up if anyone would like to suggest maps to add, even if they aren't their own. We are looking for any format of map (payload, 5cp, attack/defense, KoTH) and are open to any suggestions! https://goo.gl/forms/wwa60F4BhuXrSUal2 is the link btw :3

RataDeOrdenador

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hm,well,I THINK this is a good idea... right?

I mean,we have tf2maps to test ALL the maps in a "casual" way. (What is good,what needs some changes,where to place this ammo/health). You know,the good-old testing to make a map playable for EVERYONE.

This other group can also test maps to be playable for everyone,but it's more focused on the competitive line at least for the 6s (Highlander coming soon,or it's not necessary?),and since some people are trying to go into that competitive stuff *cough cough*,this is actually pretty good.

and I got ninja'd. yay.

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
I'm the author of Cardinal and Reckoner, very very glad to see this initiative coming forward from some people in the community again. Get in touch with me if you need help with map picking / curating and if you have some feedback for Cardinal or Reckoner that you don't think should go in its tf.tv thread.

I know @Yrr would probably like some comp testing on koth_bagel, I remember her mentioning that in the steam chat recently.

Best of luck, hopefully some day I can join in on actually taking part in a test.

Console-

Aug 14, 2016
At the moment we are currently focused on using the ESEA whitelist and server configuration in order to test maps from a competitive 6vs6 standpoint. However, if our userbase increases I would be very interested in adding HL maps and having one day of the weekend devoted to 6s and one to highlander.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
Following this discussion, I've been thinking a lot about what makes 3cp bad and what it would take to make it play well in comp. I've been experimenting with interesting ideas in cp_bravo. I was waiting for the map to be a little bit more solid to try it out in competitive but if you guys are curious to see what I'm cooking up and want to get involved early, the sooner the better. The map description will give you an idea of what it's about.

Console-

Aug 14, 2016
I'd be glad to add cp_bravo to our map rotation. Personally, I find 3CP maps to be incredibly small for competitive play. However I really like the idea of your map, might try it in pugs tonight!

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Access to actual comp testing would be invaluable for us, I absolutely hope this kind of thing takes off!

As phi said, I'm looking to try getting koth_bagel some 6s testing but I feel like it probably has some rough edges still.

Dr. Sasha

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 5, 2013
I think it's fantastic that some in the comp community are reaching out to map makers to encourage the creation of new maps and content for TF2. I'd really like to have my map cp_atacama in a few pugs. This is a great idea.

BenCo

Dec 30, 2015
I will do a map for frontline, but without it's frontline theme would you guys consider playing it when I release it fully? I would love to know if it would be good for 6s setting.

Console-

Aug 14, 2016
I will do a map for frontline, but without it's frontline theme would you guys consider playing it when I release it fully? I would love to know if it would be good for 6s setting.
I'd be down to put your map into the testing pool, we're always looking for new maps to try (especially since we're just starting and need to build up the map pool to make pugs as non-repetitive as possible). DM me a link to the map on tf.gg or on here or link it in the thread so I can get it added ASAP, even without full completion.

BenCo

Dec 30, 2015
I'd be down to put your map into the testing pool, we're always looking for new maps to try (especially since we're just starting and need to build up the map pool to make pugs as non-repetitive as possible). DM me a link to the map on tf.gg or on here or link it in the thread so I can get it added ASAP, even without full completion.
Will do! Propably around next week, tweaking a few things since it will be just a1.

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
If there is absolutely anything the Steam Bot can do to help feel free to make suggestions/requests and i'll do my best to see what I can do