new mapper

creative blank

L1: Registered
Dec 10, 2009
hello there, completely new to the forums and the mapping scene. i have very little experience, but that's why i came here.

i've been a fan of team fortress ever since i got the first half-life connected to the internet, and after some convincing i've decided to get my feet wet with mapping in TF2. looks like there's some great stuff here, i look forward to reading - and good luck to all participants in the current contest!

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Welcome to the forums! If you're curious the contest it's already finished and a link to the final results can be found here.

You've come to the right place if you want to learn more about mapping in Source and for level designing in Team Fortress 2. There's tons of tutorials around here, but if you have any questions feel free to ask here or in the steam chat.

EDIT: Whoops. Didn't know if you meant the major one or the smaller Control Point contest. Hopefully you meant the former. :p

KaiserFate

L69: Deviant Member
Dec 9, 2009
I've been on this forum for about a day or two and already the input, help and support I've received here has been overwhelming.
Believe me, you've come to the right place. Welcome aboard.