New map pugs revival pt. 3?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by hooky, Jul 6, 2013.

1. hooky

hooky L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    In a recent Fully Charged, new map pugs were mentioned. Suddenly, people were interested, and this thread was made: http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/10055-new-map-pugs

In there are some ideas, you might want to take a look.

However, I started thinking about this: maybe to get feedback to the mapmaker as soon as possible, TF2Maps should handle the pugs.

Benefits of this would include the feedback system mainly, and probably a more controlled system. You'd have to find someone to run them, but I'm sure there's someone who will. I wouldn't mind running them, and neither would Prestige apparently (he stated so in the above thread).

Thoughts? Ideas? Questions? Appreciation? Death threats?

2. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    thing is, tf2m doesn't have a lot of cred when it comes to comp mapping and we don't really have a competitive playerbase. I wouldn't be opposed to changing that but I feel like it would require a lot of efforts

3. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    i dont know very many people in the comp tf2 community. i suppose if i made a group, ppl interested would come. i dont exactly know how much server tweaking would be required every weekend. just exec'in some configs and puttin on nodamagespread, etc..?

but yeah i'd do it if there was a decent group of testers who care about a maps development.

4. Yoda12999

Yoda12999 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I know there would be a few people for UGC who would love to playtest maps, myself included. It seems that every new map within UGC lately has stemmed from the talented mappers here, so I don't know exactly what you mean by "tf2m doesn't have a lot of cred when it comes to comp mapping." in terms of tweaking servers, at least with UGC there is a config to turn on the UGC and one to turn it off, easy peasy.

5. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    UGC is faily welcoming to new maps but when you go on the esea/tf.tv side of things, well... let's just say that if you don't have a name in comp you ain't gonna make it. the tf2m brand has little weight there

• Thanks Thanks x 1