New here

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
That's displacements. The developer wiki explains them quite well.

NoirSuede

L2: Junior Member
Dec 22, 2012
Thanks, and oh, a question on KOTH maps, if the cp is placed on a wall instead of the center of the map and the entire map is C shaped, would it be unbalanced ?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
There's always going to be a slight imbalance to any map that uses mirror symmetry due to projectiles originating from the right-hand side of the character model or something. A bigger issue is making sure players always know which direction their side is supposed to head without even thinking about it so you don't have players favoring one route over another solely based on what team they're on. To do that, you need to incorporate not just standard signage but subliminal cues. Come to think of it, that would make a good thing to have a tutorial on.

NoirSuede

Dec 22, 2012
Help again, this time i've just made my own test map (just a plain box and a gate), but the game turned into this :

2012-12-23_00003_zpsbf915b8c.jpg

Here's the map :

http://gametechmods.com/../uploads/files/tr_brs.rar

and oh, guess what brs means

Last edited:

NoirSuede

Dec 22, 2012
One more thing, which is harder, making an indoor map or an outdoor map ? i guess outdoor because you have to make more skyboxes.

Fish 2.0

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 22, 2012
One more thing, which is harder, making an indoor map or an outdoor map ? i guess outdoor because you have to make more skyboxes.

Outdoor takes longer in that sense, but I would say indoor is harder.

Making an interesting indoor map is harder. I know I would hate a completely indoor map.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
There's a completely indoor map already! It's called junction. It's ugly, and horrible, and everyone hates it. For good reason.

Most maps have a blend of indoor and outdoor, which is best, for both optimisation and gameplay reasons.

Fish 2.0

Nov 22, 2012
Help again, this time i've just made my own test map
-asnip-

I just had a look at it and you have a leak in your map.

what I did to fix it was I removed the brush that was inside your map, and I moved the player spawn out of the ground.

After that add some walls to the sides to avoid further leaks, and add a light entity (just light) so you can see inside.

Hope this helps!

NoirSuede

Dec 22, 2012
And sorry to bother again, but how do you put in caps for koth ? i've placed one according to the SDK wiki, but when i capped it in game, the clock won't run down. How do i fix this ?

Last edited:

Fish 2.0

Nov 22, 2012
And sorry to bother again, but how do you put in caps for koth ? i've placed one according to the SDK wiki, but when i capped it in game, the clock won't run down. How do i fix this ?

I don't think anyone here can help when your question is the broad. What I would do is try again, then again, and if that fails maybe post the map file here for someone here to look at.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Sounds like your timers aren't being triggered correctly. You probably missed a step.