New Gamemode Idea (Need Help to make it Work)

ZombieGuildford

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2016
I'm trying to recreate the Hardpoint gamemode from COD but can't figure it out.

Put simply the Control Point moves around the map on a time staying in an area from a bit then teleporting else where.

There is no point base or hologram just a perimeter marker showing you the cap area.

The point is capped as soon as it's touched by a single player but uncaps the moment no one is touching it.

It's basically DOM with a moving point but you have to be on it for it to stay capped.

If anyone has an idea as to how I can do that, let me know please.

XEnderFaceX

F1 Fan
Aug 18, 2015
i think it would work, when you place alot of control points around the Map with the same Logic,
then disable all except the one that should appear,
then use logic_case to randomise the control point that is being teleported.

Sorry for the weird reply, i would need more time to analyze it :)

ZombieGuildford

Jul 22, 2016
i think it would work, when you place alot of control points around the Map with the same Logic,
then disable all except the one that should appear,
then use logic_case to randomise the control point that is being teleported.

Sorry for the weird reply, i would need more time to analyze it :)

Though multiple points could be used, I'd prefer 1 that gets moved because HUD and etc. Also the point doesn't move randomly. It has set points and move in a cycle.

XEnderFaceX

F1 Fan
Aug 18, 2015
it is 1 point, i believe when you use the same logic, it counts as 1

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
point_teleport is capable of teleporting a specified entity to its position. Multiple of these could be used to teleport your control point around. If you're really starved for edicts, you can use AddOutput origin on an entity to teleport it around as well.

One thing to note is that the team_control_point itself doesn't need to move at all; its position is little more than cosmetic. It's hologram could be simulated with multiple prop_dynamics that are being enabled and disabled as the point moves. The trigger is the only thing that really needs to be teleported, and depending on how you set up the logic for that you might be able to have multiple of those too, enabing/disabling them to ensure only the correct one is active. I imagine with the right setup, you might not need to do any teleporting.

John_Galt_1957

Oct 3, 2020
you could have the capture area have a func_track_train as its parent that is set to move after a set interval of time

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
you could have the capture area have a func_track_train as its parent that is set to move after a set interval of time
That combined with the teleport flag set on each path_track would do this well. As for showing the capture zone, you could do something similar to pd_scarab and enable/disable a ring of brushes using the glowing texture from one of the carnival of carnage mini games.

T

The Asylum

If you're looking for a way to keep the location of the point visible from behind walls, use any vgui texture. When used as a texture on a brush, it will render for players regardless of where it is or where they are on the map.