New File Added: cp_lazytown

Discussion in 'Maps' started by drp, Dec 6, 2007.

1. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    Downloads: A new file has been added by drpepper:

cp_lazytown

2. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
  3. ]LoL[Harm

]LoL[Harm Guest

Positive Ratings:
    Just a comment on something that the group of people I play with have noticed about this map. Not having progressive spawns puts a heavy emphasis on engineers which directly takes away from your offensive force. With more engineers, on both teams, the defenses up are harder to take down due to the reduction of attackers on both sides. What happens is, the more teamwork oriented team often captures up to point 4, but can never progress to point 5 due to it's proximity to the enemies spawn. We've had hour sessions on this map where it jams at the 4th Control Point, eventually the attacking team will over commit, the defending team will sap out the teleporters and disrupt the base at mid point and the defending team will push back to the center and the tug of war over the middle begins anew.

I would suggest, if you can, to put in a progressive spawn in the garage area that becomes available after a team takes the central control point. This would ease the necessity and reliance on engineers (though they'll still be needed to maintain control over the map) and allow more offense for both sides. The garage seems ideal due to it's out of the way location from any CP.

Just a suggestion. :)

4. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Did you make lazytown dr pepper?

The map is so simple but... dammit i say it. I had fun on it :(

5. ]LoL[Harm

]LoL[Harm Guest

Positive Ratings:
    Same here Snipergen, it is very simple but also a good time...save for the progressive spawn thing that tends to draw out rounds. :)

Most of those who play on our server (and it's full every night) like it as well.

6. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    heh no i didnt. its just one of the many maps i mass uploaded when the download area was launched. ;)

7. Shmitz

aa Shmitz Old Hat

Positive Ratings:
    Did the spawn areas ever get fixed so that you don't suicide if you change classes? And is that frustrating invisible wall still there? While the map is impressive for a "first custom", these things still kill the gameplay for me, so I tend to leave servers if this comes up in the rotation.

8. Haas

Haas Guest

Positive Ratings:
    This map should be removed frome the internet...
    There so much better maps then this and because players only vote on know maps this maps is played way to much.

9. ]LoL[Harm

]LoL[Harm Guest

Positive Ratings:
    Shmitz: The version we use on our server doesn't have an invisible wall and also allows class changes without suicide.

10. Kev_Boy

Kev_Boy Guest

Positive Ratings:
    I must agree this map is only somewhat better than Counter-Strike's equivalent, fy_iceworld.