New File Added: cp_bloodstained_b2_a

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Downloads: A new file has been added by Youme:

cp_bloodstained_b2_a

Changes for _b2_a - 15/03/08:-

-Reduced filesize again ( _b1 - 91mb uncompressed. _b2 - ~40mb. _b2_a - 30mb) - from the fast download site its only 9mb now
-Redesigned one area
-Tweaked water
-Replaced a few textures
-Removed nodraw brush blocking blu spawn in round 2
-Lit an area that wasn't before
-Minor tweaks all over the place

Changes for _b2 - 14/03/08:-

-Vastly reduced file size
-Generally improved details everywhere
-fixed model textures and visible nodraws
-Adjusted timers slightly
-Increased distance between red sapwn in stage 3 and the start up gates to improve the quality of that stage.
-Adjusted capture point timers slightly
-Slight displacement tweaks, fixed missalignments in multiple places
-Improved lighting in a few places - note - most lighting is still very much unfinished
-Textured a few more areas

_b1 released - 24/02/08

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
been a busy one =)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Well not really, If I'd set my mind to it I could have done all this yesterday but instead I slept.
Going on the one game we played earlier today I've got a few more balancing issues, but then it could just be we had funky teams.

Termaximus

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 11, 2008
Way to go youme on dropping your file size. I'm impressed you were able to drop it by a whopping 2/3rds. What did you change/remove to do this?

I can't wait to get a chance to check out the new version. Wish I could join you guys for the get together on the tf2maps/coltsplayground server tommorow night and check it out, but I'm tied up for the rest of the weekend.

Termaximus

Jan 11, 2008
Congratz youme, your map was voted in as Team Viper's New Custom Map of the Week. It will be on server rotation (see sig. for server info) until 4/3/08. Here is some feedback from our playtesting last night.
Pros: Very nice layout and detailing. Map really played well and felt balanced. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are the cliff displacement master. Glad to see file size dropped so much.
Cons: Some members complained that Blue was defending and Red attacking because this is opposite of Dustbowl. I don't mind but caused some confusion. Skybox ceiling seems too low.
Improvements: Raise the Skybox ceiling a bit because it gets in the way of doing good rocket and pipebomb jumps.
Rating: A, Great job youme

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I compressed the custom textures I was using and I altered thel lightmap scale on faces that were all one shade, as well as reducing the size of the cubemaps, I think in the previous version I also had two sets of cubemaps, neither of which worked - that dropped filesize enormously

-Everyone says i'm great at displacements but I'm not! I'm really not! just stop saying they are good!!! they look rubbish to me!
-First I've heard of complaints about blu defending. Its intentionally opposite to dustbowl
-the ceiling is definatly too low I agree with you there, its going to take some doing to raise it, but I think I can just about manage it, its going to require loads more displacement work though :(

Termaximus

Jan 11, 2008
Hey, don't shoot the messenger Narkissus. I was just passing along user feedback is all. I agree it does not matter and hey why can't red attack sometime, but some people said they were confused is all.