New EU Server. Purging old stuff.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
A couple of new announcements.

We were all aware that our EU server sucked pretty hard. It was down a lot, and lagged like hell.

Well, thats all behind us now and let us not speak of that again.

Our new server info for EU is as follows.

Official TF2Maps.net Server - Germany

Server IP: 178.63.146.2:27015

Server moderators, the control panel/ftp info is posted in the appropriate forum.

The 'game servers' page will be updated soon with the correct addresses. Uploading to the servers is now working for both servers.

Next, everything older than 2 months will be purged from both the redirect, and game servers. Meaning, old and discontinued maps will no longer take up any resources that can be put to good use for active developers.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2008
"Next, everything older than 2 months will be purged from both the redirect, and game servers. Meaning, old and discontinued maps will no longer take up any resources that can be put to good use for active developers."

Does this mean: "maps that were sitting on the server untouched/unplayed for more than 2 months" or "all maps that were on the server longer than 2 months"?

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
"Next, everything older than 2 months will be purged from both the redirect, and game servers. Meaning, old and discontinued maps will no longer take up any resources that can be put to good use for active developers."

Does this mean: "maps that were sitting on the server untouched/unplayed for more than 2 months" or "all maps that were on the server longer than 2 months"?
maps that are 2 months old, period. played or not. this however, doesnt mean they are not allowed to be uploaded. if you need to keep a beta version of your map for more than 2 months, you're welcome to re-upload it.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
A couple of new announcements.

We were all aware that our EU server sucked pretty hard. It was down a lot, and lagged like hell.

Well, thats all behind us now and let us not speak of that again.

Our new server info for EU is as follows.

Official TF2Maps.net Server - Germany

Server IP: 178.63.146.2:27015

Server moderators, the control panel/ftp info is posted in the appropriate forum.

The 'game servers' page will be updated soon with the correct addresses. Uploading to the servers is now working for both servers.

Next, everything older than 2 months will be purged from both the redirect, and game servers. Meaning, old and discontinued maps will no longer take up any resources that can be put to good use for active developers.

1244922215_img-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e.png

Apr 13, 2009
Nice !
For all its suckage, the old server still served its purpose, but I'm sure every euro gameday regular appreciates the effort :)

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The Germans are just so helpful.

I get better pings and rates on German servers than i have any UK server; even servers based in my own city. Also, as someone who personally knows UK server operators i know how they tend to abuse and exploit their own machines. I can't say that the Germans don't or not, but i tend not to trust UK server providers with that information combined with the generally good experiences with EU based server providers.

Not saying that all UK server providers are trash, i just havn't met any that arn't, yet.