New entity stuffs.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by A Boojum Snark, Nov 6, 2014.

1. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Finally got some time to look at the new FGD, here are my findings. (maybe a bunch of you have looked and shared the info already, but I haven't seen a thread)
    ** = overridden by my FGD if you have it installed, go get the update

New things on old entities

Super easy selective spawning! Complicated entity crap like I used to do no longer needed.

I saw the shot clock mentioned in another thread, but putting it here for the record. Could make for much better CTF. More inputs are always good for custom game modes.

Looks like I can remove the hidden OnStartOvertime input from my FGD, as that did the same thing, except only for 5 seconds.

Works to turn off sentry guns and teleporters (which are linked, changing on changes both), but dispensers continue playing their idle sound and the VGUI metal meter won't disappear.

New entities

• tf_halloween_pickup
    The ducks. Supports customized model/sound/particle. As it has both team affinity and team specific outputs, this could come in very useful for custom game modes.

• func_forcefield
    Not quite sure what the point of this is. It acts like a func_rrv without needing to be linked to a func_rr, just set the team instead. Smells like valve being valve and adding stuff without need.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Or they're adding it ahead of team for mapper leaks.

3. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    err, rr and rrv?

4. Ynders

aa Ynders absolutely gormful

Positive Ratings:
    func_respawnroom and func_respawnroomvisualizer

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. wareya

wareya L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Does the shot clock mode just lock the timer at its current value? Definitely want to see how that works, I never even considered it.

6. ibex

aa ibex

Positive Ratings:
    Is it possible that this shot clock mode is the default for the item_teamflag? I compiled a map with a flag quite recently and it was in shot clock mode without me knowing.

edit: Just looked at the flag and it is set to "no" for shot clock mode...though someone said they saw it during the test.. How odd.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  7. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Based on some quick observation, it restores the return time by 1 second for every 1 second it is held.

No I'm pretty sure it isn't default, because that would mean every previous map would now work differently.

8. wareya

wareya L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    PERFECT. Going to update novelty tonight.