New entities and features in the halloween Hammer update

WhyNott

L1: Registered
Oct 21, 2012
So this year valve decided not to piss us off and actually NOT HARDCODED all the stuff? Nice.

Also, the addcond trigger.

blablubde

Jun 4, 2013
trigger_add_tf_player_condition

does anyone know how i can remove the condition before the set time is over?

im using two triggers to keep the players weapons switched to melee in a certain area.
the first one will force the player to select slot3 (melee) and the second trigger will disallow them to switch back to any other weapon (condition 41). the second one has a duration of 999999 seconds.

but after leaving the area, they should be able to switch back to any other weapon they want.
i've tried it with a third trigger where the duration of the effect is set to only 1 second, but for some reason, it doesn't affect the previous set duration. only after respawning, the players can switch weapons again. not even a resupply locker works.

Last edited:

portalwreck

Mar 14, 2012
I found that a addcond trigger can be activated/deactivated by a button (Or relay, whatever you like)

Have the addcond trigger have a duration of 1

---
Create a logic_timer with a refire interval of 0.1.
Outputs;
OnTimer
[Name of trigger]
Disable
Delay 0.00

OnTimer
[Name of trigger]
Enable
Delay 0.00

---
Create a func_button

Flags; Damageable

Outputs;
OnDamaged (OnIn if you are considering having a delay and/or locking it)
[Name of timer]
Toggle
Delay 0.00

Works for me.

Last edited:

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
any way to make tf_zombie_spawner make team-aligned skeletons?

s0da72

L2: Junior Member
Jan 11, 2013
any way to make tf_zombie_spawner make team-aligned skeletons?

I tried a few things like using addouput to set 'TeamNum' but didn't have any luck with it.

If you use 'TeamNum' on eyeball_boss it will allow you to create the magic red/blue Monoculus.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
that's hella dumb, yo.

Hell-met

Oct 30, 2010
for the skeletons you can just use the old template / entity_maker method, and then put teamnum x in smartedit on the tf_zombie template. you can also modify the skin that way.

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
I noticed that the entity_spawn_manager works differently when using it with the eyeball_boss. It produces the 'magic' version of eyeball_boss instead of the normal one.
Do we know how to fix this yet? Is it possible to have the normal Monoculus any more, or is this Valve trying to stop us for whatever reason?

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
Werewolf [UK];293061 said:
Do we know how to fix this yet? Is it possible to have the normal Monoculus any more, or is this Valve trying to stop us for whatever reason?

stupid assumption on my part probably, but maybe it's only the "wrong" eyeball boss when it's Halloween/fullmoon...?

s0da72

Jan 11, 2013
Werewolf [UK];293061 said:

I don't know if this is something that would be classified as broken since it was a hidden entity to begin with. Hopefully someone will figure out how to do it. I tried setting TeamNum to 0 as well as 1 thinking that since 2 and 3 work for creating a red/blue one surely a team number of 0 would do it... nope...

s0da72

Jan 11, 2013
Is anyone familiar with sm_dump_netprops command that is provided by sourcemod? Does someone have a recent dump of the file it creates after the Halloween update?

Kincyr

Aug 10, 2011
I'm a little disappointed trigger_add_tf_player_condition is duration based though, rather than while-in-trigger.
me too. maybe if enough people bug Valve through the Bug Report form with Feature Suggestions of a while-in-trigger option for it, they might add it

Powerlord

L3: Member
May 8, 2010
I'm a bit late on the scene, but here's what I've got from a TF2 Datamaps dump:

tf_logic_gasworks may be in the FGD, but isn't in the actual game (or at least it doesn't appear in a datamaps dump).
filter_tf_player_wearing_item may be in the FGD, but isn't in the actual game (or at least it doesn't appear in a datamaps dump).
tf_logic_holiday gained both HalloweenSetUsingSpells and Halloween2013TeleportToHell inputs, the former apparently after the initial Halloween update.

I've updated the TF2 Item Definitions List page. There are a total of 3 Spellbook items. They are:

1069 - Fancy Spellbook
1070 - Spellbook Magazine
5604 - Fireproof Secret Diary

For those of you who were adding spells to your maps: Does the game prompt you to equip a spellbook when you spawn? I have a feeling that's what filter_tf_player_wearing_item was originally intended to do... however, without looking at a decompile of helltower, I couldn't say what replaced it.

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
I don't know if this is something that would be classified as broken since it was a hidden entity to begin with. Hopefully someone will figure out how to do it. I tried setting TeamNum to 0 as well as 1 thinking that since 2 and 3 work for creating a red/blue one surely a team number of 0 would do it... nope...

Any updates on this? I still get the ghost mono using the old method of spawning him, yet we have plugins now that can spawn all 3 versions (Normal, ghost red and ghost blue)

s0da72

Jan 11, 2013
Werewolf [UK];293808 said:
Any updates on this? I still get the ghost mono using the old method of spawning him, yet we have plugins now that can spawn all 3 versions (Normal, ghost red and ghost blue)

Does the plugin have any source to look at? It might give a clue as to what to set to make it work.

s0da72

Jan 11, 2013
Werewolf [UK];293814 said:

ok, in the source code for the plugin he is setting team number to 5, for the normal MONOCULUS.

SetEntProp(entity, Prop_Data, "m_iTeamNum", 5);

I can't try this at the moment to verify, but will tomorrow(assuming nobody else hasn't by then)...

[edit]

I have confirmed that this does work.

Last edited: