neutral cart

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
I'm making a tug-of-war pl map (cart can be pushed both ways) and I got all the mechanics down but there is one last thing bugging me.
I can't get a neutral outline on my cart. While it does not affect the mechanics of the map, having a red or blue outline on a neutral payload causes balance issues and that's kind of a big deal.

I've tried everything to get a neutral outline and I'm now out of ideas.
parenting the cart to a neutral item_team_flag got me a neutral outline but it created this weird behaviour where if you touch the cart, you can pick up the intel (no matter how far from the cart the intel is)

so yeah, if you have any ideas on how to get a neutral outline on a cart, go ahead (I don't think it has ever been done on any map). right now I'm thinking of getting rid of the outline completely and replace it with some other marker. but I don't think the train_watcher will let me do that. so yeah..

tell me if you want to mess around with the vmf. I'll upload it.

Last edited:

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
thanks untouch, but it doesn't quite work in my entity setup :C
a conflict is created between this and the team_train_watcher. sometimes the train watcher will override the teamflag's outline, sometimes it won't. So it's only working half the time for some odd reasons. still a very good improvement nonetheless. I will have to mess around with it.

Lubaf

L1: Registered
Nov 4, 2011
You could just do what I saw one PLR map do, and make it both Blue and Red. That is, the half facing BLU is red, and the half facing RED is blue.

Thanks
Luc "Stupid Ideas R' Us" French