KotH Neo Furui

Hash Browns

L1: Registered
Jan 4, 2015
Alrighty, so I jumped into hammer today because I had the urge to make a map. So here I am sitting in hammer not knowing what to do, when a sudden though pops into my head "hey, let's make DM_Rankin... in tf2!" stupid, I know. But after closing it off a bit, throwing in a control point, and blending the Japanese pack and Soho pack, bam! A tf2 map. Now mid might be unbalanced as hell, but that is why I'd like a bit of feedback. Sorry no in game screen shots yet, but they'll be here eventually. Also I kind of need help with the design of the rest of the map. So please, please give me advice. THE MAP IS NOT A REMAKE THE MID IS SIMPLY BASED OFF OF DM_RANKIN, if the design merits change I will gladly do that.

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
My first piece of advice would be to disable the Manifest bar to save some space on your screen. :p And possibly also the Move Selected bar, since "Move to World" is already in the Tools menu and I've never found any use for its other options.

As for the design... I had to google "dm_rankin" because I'm not familiar with it, and I'm afraid I can't be of any help adapting it, but I must say you've made an interesting choice of theming, at least. Best of luck.

Hash Browns

L1: Registered
Jan 4, 2015
Well I don't want to adapt the map fully, it just started that way, what I really need help with is designing and balancing the map, I'm not really into remaking maps, I just couldn't come up with anything at the time, that's why it's closed off and stuff.