Neeed a map name? Look no further!

Feb 14, 2008
Add something where we can choose categories, like mining, nature, industrial, food, family members, ... :D

Wouldn't be so random then would it :p

That would involve storing every word as a record in a random file with their category and it could all get a bit messy. I think I'll pass on that for now, buuuuut it might be a... possibility.

psihomir

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 17, 2008
It's cool but adding a gametype prefix is a bit pointless IMO. Unless you're completely stumped for ideas, I don't see why you'd let a program randomly pick what game mode to design your map for.

Feb 14, 2008
It's cool but adding a gametype prefix is a bit pointless IMO. Unless you're completely stumped for ideas, I don't see why you'd let a program randomly pick what game mode to design your map for.

The option's there if people want it. You can make it a single game mode in the options menu.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
pl_accidentalhorse
cp_questionableservant
cp_woman
jump_jump
Man, I could play with this for ages. I've edited the txt files with things such as prefixes and suffixes.
Edit: Oh, and if you're looking for something to expand on, try adding a syllable system. It's a well-known fact that most maps have 2 syllables in their name.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2008
pl_accidentalhorse
cp_questionableservant
cp_woman
jump_jump
Man, I could play with this for ages. I've edited the txt files with things such as prefixes and suffixes.
Edit: Oh, and if you're looking for something to expand on, try adding a syllable system. It's a well-known fact that most maps have 2 syllables in their name.

Err...

Gravel Pit
Granary
Well
Lumberyard
Nucleus
Watchtower
Viaduct
Badwater

None of these have 2 syllables! :O

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
There are dates under a post. Please look on them posting in a thread created before dinosaurs existed.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Or just, you know, assume that if you had to page back through a hundred pages of threads to get to one, it's probably pretty old.

EDIT: That was meant to be hyperbole but then I got a good look at the actual number of pages in this subforum and I think I might have underestimated if anything.