Need to make a scoreboard

Oct 6, 2008
Hi,

Taking a break from my B2 version, so I thought I would finish off my orange ball fight map - for more of a final release candidate.

Each team has seven balls to sink in their hole - I'd like the scoreboard to start off at 7 and each time a ball goes in the hole - 1 gets taken off the scoreboard.

The map is a mayhem map when 32 on it and I wanted players to know how many balls left to win the round.

Problem is I have no idea how to do this. The map works great I just can't figure out how to get a system working right to do the scoreboard thing.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Probably need to set it up so that when the ball is shot into a hole it triggers a math_counter that changes some kind of dynamic prop or brush. There is probably an easier way

Terwonick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 25, 2010
do you mean a scoreboard on the HUD, or in the actual map. I ask because I can think of a few ways to do one in the actual map.

A dynamic brush might do the trick

I would suggest having bars, eventually filling up a meter.

assuming you have the actual scoring working, it would be a (comparatively) simple logic puzzle to work everything together. I'm terrible at entities, it would probably take a bit of fooling around to get it to work. I assume that it's just a matter of when each point is taken against the team, then you just enable the next bar.

Oct 6, 2008
Hud or Brush? Not sure, both would work I guess but I think that the brush would be better - if people were spectating seeing a scoreboard in game would probably be better. In game would also add into the intensity of the match. Seeing that you had 3 balls to go and the other team only had 1 would definitely pump up the tension.

Would the vmf help you out to see how it's currently coded?

Terwonick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 25, 2010
as nice as that is for you to offer

A) I would have no idea WTF I was doing (ok, I might be able to get it in 24 hours worth of work)
B) I will have no access to hammer until Christmas-time

Sorry about that, but you'll have to get somebody else, or figure it out on your own! I bet you could do it better than I could, I just have ideas, I NEVER can follow through with things, Finish it, don't let the entities win!

above all, good luck!