Need to have a water tunnel with multiple brushes

goem

L3: Member
Sep 15, 2016
On koth_distill, I've had this weird bug pop up recently where my water tunnel, which contains 3 separate water brushes, is bugging out. The middle brush is lower than the other two in order to not go though the lowered control point area. However, when you are in any of the three brushes and you are lower than top of the middle brush, the areas of the side brushes that are higher up than the middle brush are invisible, and you just see the skybox or any other geometry between them and the skybox. I have created a diagram to illustrate this.

water bug.png

This isn't happening in the a5 version that is out, but for some reason it's happening on the version I'm currently working on.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
The middle brush is lower than the other two in order to not go though the lowered control point area.

This is your issue. TF2's engine doesn't like water brushes at different heights, and as far as I know of, there's no fix for the bug other than to make all of your water brushes the same height.

goem

L3: Member
Sep 15, 2016
UPDATE: Nevermind, I (think I) fixed it by replacing the three cubic brushes with two diagonal brushes...

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
It is usually not an issue for a single water surface, since water tends to be flat.