Buy Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor for PC at Green Man Gaming

Need Suggetions for my TF2 Server

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by GameOverGR, Jun 19, 2010.

1. GameOverGR

GameOverGR L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello everyone,

I am going to open a Tf2 server really soon with 24 slots and i need some suggestions about : maps, custom hats, ranking system and any other useful script.
    I am searching the script which gives V.I.P slot to the people who donated , it would be nice if you could help me.

Thanks for your suggestions

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. McNuggetFiend

McNuggetFiend L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Forget all that work and just play at the Lunchbox instead ;)

3. brick

brick L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
  4. Timberjaw

Timberjaw L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Cater your server experience to the type of people you hope will be playing on it. Some people don't like having to load a lot of custom content. Some people are ok with custom maps in moderation but don't like having to download custom hats/sounds/etc.

SourceMod is your friend. Get some good admin capabilities set up. SM has excellent built-in admin management, kick/ban, map voting, etc, but there are a variety of plugins available to extend those capabilities. My server runs SprayTracer (for tracking down people with offensive sprays) and gScramble (for balancing teams more effectively than the built-in scramble). We also run a few 'fun' mods like Roll The Dice and Presents, but only enable them when people are in a party mood.

Delegate mod/admin authority to enough trusted people that your server has a mod presence at busy times.

We don't do reserved slots because we find the concept annoying, but YMMV, especially if you need something to give to donators.

Buy Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor for PC at Green Man Gaming