Need someone to make me an Unusual Trade Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSulfix

L1: Registered
Feb 28, 2016
Looking to get a map for my server. If you can make me one please message me. Steam name LordSulfix...

Bogdy

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 13, 2014
I could give it a try.

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
@sevin Hey man add me on steam and I can give you the details.

Why don't you add them here so everyone understands what it is you want? People aren't just going to add you with no information given.

LordSulfix

Feb 28, 2016
@sevin Alright, lets get to it then.

What LordSulfix wants:
1. A large Lobby area where people spawn in an can see other player's unusuals right when they spawn.
2. Fun little sniping areas and some other cool little places for specific activities.
3. Secret rooms! I love secret rooms and special hidden places.
4. Donator Lobby. So the donators can see eachother and stuff like that.

That's the basics of what i want. If you need any specific pieces make a list of what you need to know. :D

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Just a heads up - a lot of mappers don't work for free. If you're coming here asking other people to map for you, there should probably be something in it for them.

LordSulfix

Feb 28, 2016
@iiboharz Your right. Actually there was a guy who asked for 3 keys. I said yes. So if anyone wants a payment for it I am willing to give keys.

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
@sevin Alright, lets get to it then.

What LordSulfix wants:
1. A large Lobby area where people spawn in an can see other player's unusuals right when they spawn.
2. Fun little sniping areas and some other cool little places for specific activities.
3. Secret rooms! I love secret rooms and special hidden places.
4. Donator Lobby. So the donators can see eachother and stuff like that.

That's the basics of what i want. If you need any specific pieces make a list of what you need to know. :D

That sounds exactly like every other trade map ever commissioned. Unless you're planning on paying someone (with real money) for their work, I think your best bet would be to just go download some trade maps off Gamebanana.

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
You could also make it yourself, but it may take some time.

Jul 6, 2015

LordSulfix

Feb 28, 2016
Still waiting on someone to offer to make one that is one of a kind and that people will enjoy, I will pay for your services. Thank you :D

angry

Mar 6, 2016
Hi, I'm an Admin of Sulfix's server.

To clarify things about payment (I'm assuming that's what most of you mappers are looking for), we are willing to pay TF2 keys. If that is not acceptable, we are willing to do Paypal, though we are extremely reluctant and rather ask that you sell the keys for Paypal instead (1.60 USD). Each key will value around 1.60 USD in payment, and not the standard market price.

Here are the things we are looking for:
Big Open Areas (Preferably clean* and symmetrical, like all other trade maps.)
Glass Windows for Spawn (Somewhat resembling the popular server's (Vatican City) glass walls.)
A non-congested spawn area (Refer to the first point.)
A large spawn door (Nothing like trade_plaza please, more like trade_plaza2)
Easter eggs and secrets (Simple hidden rooms.)
Open Theme (Doesn't matter to us, you can do whatever you want with the theme. Keeping it simple and nice is all we want.)
Spycrab Area
Boxing Ring

Any further areas is to your discretion. We are paying for the primary items above, and anything you add we will not add to the charge. We will negotiate a price based on your quality of your maps and whether it meets the criteria or not.

To address some concerns/points that other players may have had:

Just a heads up - a lot of mappers don't work for free. If you're coming here asking other people to map for you, there should probably be something in it for them.

It has been addressed that there will be payment. We are willing to negotiate terms and prices.

That sounds exactly like every other trade map ever commissioned. Unless you're planning on paying someone (with real money) for their work, I think your best bet would be to just go download some trade maps off Gamebanana.

We are mainly looking for an original map. We prefer not to have clones of trade_plaza or the likes, such as stated above. That is why we are requesting a commissioned build rather than a map off Gamebanana.

Im semi-interested, but I need somewhat of an idea as to what your map intails...
Theme, realistic or dev cp_orange ish?
and $ obviosly, PM me information and I will consider.

We will leave the theme up to you. We just prefer it's clean and simple.

*Clean being a color scheme that is eyecatching, but not an eyesore.

No, I am not a professional mapmaker, and telling either Sulfix or I to "Make a map ourselves" is not a valid answer. We are looking for a commissioned map, and we are offering payment. We will negotiate prices, though if we find you unsuitable, we will simply decline your work. We do need a portfolio from you, as we would like to see your previous works involving Hammer editor or any other Source engine.

Danke and a good day to you!

*Will be edited varying on replies and/or concerns.

Last edited:

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
We aren't looking for someone who wants around 100 dollars for a small side-project.

Sorry, but we're not willing to spend 50 keys for your map.
if making maps is as easy as u think it is just do it yourself honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.